Chapter 20

Letting my fingers slide down to the tips of Maggie's hair to make sure everything was cut even I handed her my small mirror for final approval, "So what do you think?"

"Wow that actually looks pretty good." Turning her head first to the right and then the left Maggie's smile deepened, "Where did you learn to cut hair like this if you were a dentist?"

"Beauty cutler in high school." I smiled slightly at the memory of it. "I needed a few credits and one of my friends said it was a easy blow off class. Why were you worried I was going to give you some mangled mans hair cut?"

"No," Maggie chuckled. "Well maybe."

"Some friend," I scoffed grabbing my hair brush pulling it through her strands trying to decide how to style it. "Now this is just a warning I'm going to have to back comb the shit out of your hair to get the volume I need since we don't have product. Bobby pins are only going to take us so far."

"So it will just look like it does every morning when she wakes up. Glenn should love that." Sasha was sitting in the centre of my bed with the nail polish we had managed to scrounge up laid out before her trying to pick a colour.

"Funny," Maggie smirked. "I wonder what Abraham going to think of your hair now that it's down for the first time ever."

"Without giving Sasha a chance to say anything I answered Maggie's question. "He's going to think, holly shit let me run my hands through it before she weaves it back up."

Snagging the midnight blue coloured nail polish Sasha began to shake it not bothering to look up. "And why would Abraham care what I've done to my hair."

"Oh come on girl." I scoffed. "We've all seen it."

"I have no idea what you are talking about?" Keeping her head down Sasha was paying far to much attention to the nail polish in her hands. I could see that shy awkward smile one gets when their talking about someone they like.

Reaching over into a cloth tote Carol had brought with her she pulled out two bottles. Her face lit with mischief, "I was saving this till we got to the good stuff."

"No way," I shook my head as I continued back combing Maggie's hair. "Tequila is my vice and the last time I drank it there is large portions of the night I don't recall."

"So tequila it is," cracking the bottle open Carol poured some in a glass and handed it to me.

"My dad was a scotch drinker," Sasha took the bottle and cup pouring for herself. "I always thought it tasted nasty but in honour of him I'll try one more time."

"Mags, what about you?" Carol poured some scotch into her cup.

"Defiantly tequila." Maggie held her cup out in Carols direction.

"Are you seriously going to be able to do anything with that?" Carol pointed at the current state of Maggie's hair. "Or are you just getting revenge for something Maggie did to you?"

I roared with laughter as Maggie tried to scramble for the hand held mirror which I held just out of her reach. "Hey I'm your girl and I wouldn't do you wrong. Trust me Glenn is going to be puddy in your hands."

"You best not be screwing with me because I'm doing your makeup next," Maggie settled back into the chair. "I'll make you look like clown."