Chapter 5: No sleep tonight

Branch walked Poppy home after their tree carving, and he honestly couldn't have felt any happier. He believed that the night was gonna give him the biggest headache in the village. But in reality, it was really nice.

     It's too bad it was only gonna last one night. Tomorrow it'll be back to the constant stress and trying to figure out what he was gonna get this girl he has major feelings for, for this stupid secret Santa thing.

     When Branch got home he got into bed and his thoughts swarmed.

     "It has to be something perfect. Something special."

     It's too bad he couldn't have given her that tree. She really seemed to like that.

     He picked up the notecard that he placed on his nightstand after changing for bed. Her handwriting was so curly and there was probably a thousand hearts on the paper, not including the hearts she does her i's with.

     Her list didn't really help either. Hugs, singing, her cowbell, this tiny mark that she had writing on, but erased it, and scrapbooking. The only thing that was kinda beneficial, was the scrapbooking idea. But he really wasn't a good artistic troll. He made a card once, but he kinda doesn't like to talk about that.

     If he really wanted to go with the scrapbooking idea, he unfortunately knew who to go to for help.

     The snack pack.

     Let's face it. No matter what he wanted to do, he was gonna have to ask them for help.

     "Alright Branch, look on the bright side. Maybe this will bring a good bonding experience?" He spoke to himself.

     He could only hope that would be the case. He honestly didn't know who else to turn to. And it would be cheating to just ask her.

     "Why did I have to pick you? If it was anyone else, it wouldn't matter this much.. But you're just.. So important to me.."

     He blinked and shook his head. This is what happens when you're stressed. You start talking to yourself. Branch turned off his light and turned to his side.

     "I guess I'm gonna go see "the gang" tomorrow."

     The thought of getting her the best gift still swarmed his head.

     "Guessing I'm not gonna get any sleep tonight.." He spoke to himself as he rubbed his head.

     "No sleep at all."