❥ the ring

Michael pov

Michael pov

"That's quite the diamond, Chloe." Luke grinned, "I would know, cause I helped pick it out."

"Thanks, Luke." Chloe laughed.
She looked up at me and smiled, and I wrapped my arm around her lovingly.

We were sitting on the couch in my apartment. Luke was sitting on the recliner across from us, and Ashton was laying on the carpet on his stomach, playing Minecraft on my TV. Calum was in the kitchen digging through my fridge.

It was a typical Thursday night.

Only it wasn't, because Chloe was here. She had just flown in from New York that day, and I couldn't have been happier.

We'd been together for almost three years, but we were long distance. We met over Instagram, which is a little embarrassing. She was a model and I never thought I'd get a chance with her but for some reason, when I messaged her, she messaged back. She always tells me, "it was love at first sight." Or selfie, that is.

She had lived in New York her whole life, and I was living in Los Angeles. We got to see each other about once a month. We'd take turns visiting, one month she'd come to me and I'd come to her the next. We usually stayed for about a week at a time. The most was when she stayed with me for about 11 days, only because she missed her flight and we were lazy about finding her another.

This time was different, though. About a week prior, I had made a last minute trip to New York to surprise Chloe. And, I proposed. I just couldn't wait to do it anymore. I stayed the night with her, and went back home the following evening. It was heart breaking, because I wanted to spend so much more time with her, but we agreed that she would fly out to LA the next week. So here we were, and she would be staying with me in my apartment for the next 6 months, while we planned our wedding. We wanted to do it quickly, we wanted the wedding to come as soon as possible. It was January now, and we wanted a wedding in July, for whatever reason. It was mostly Chloe's idea, really. It seemed like as soon as we were married our life together would finally take off.

Ashton pushed some curls out of his face and adjusted his glasses, "When are you moving in with Mike? Soon?"

"I hope so." Chloe nodded, "That's the plan. The girls are gonna help me out a lot."

She was referring to her best friends, and bridesmaids, who would be traveling to LA to join us the next day.

"Do you think they'll move here too?" Calum asked, being the ladies man he at least thought he was.

She thought for a moment, "I'm not sure. If not, they'll definitely be spending a lot of time here. They'll be here to help plan the wedding, too."

"Really? They're staying the whole six months?" Luke asked.

"Well, yeah, it seemed a lot more reasonable than just traveling back and fourth to help out. Instead of a maid of honor, I'll just have my three best friends with me. It'd be impossible to pick one of them for it." She laughed.

I agreed, "Yeah, I can't pick just one of you guys to be my best man, so we decided to only have bridesmaids and groomsmen."

"Well that's no fun," Luke frowned, "we could have arm wrestled for it."

Calum however, was not done talking about the girls yet. "So, where are they staying? Because if all four of you gals are crashing here at Mikey's, I'm never leaving."

I rolled my eyes, but Chloe laughed.

"Actually, me and Lacie's modeling agent worked it all out for us. He rented out a condo for them to stay in while they're here. The lease is good for about a year, so they'll stay here that long. Whether they move here permanently after that would have to be up to them." She explained, "I on the other hand, will be staying here with Michael."

"Lame." Calum smirked, "How far is that condo from here?"

"If you boys are really that concerned, why don't you come with us to pick them up from the airport tomorrow?" I offered.

"That sounds tempting. What time?" Calum asked.

I laughed, "5:00."

"AM." Chloe added.

"Ooh," Calum cringed, "never mind."

"I was on board until I heard the A and the M." Luke chimed in.

"You know, I really would," Ashton spoke up as well, "but considering I'll probably be up all night with a new project for work, I'll most likely be just getting to bed around 5am."

"So Ashton's the only one with a valid excuse." I pointed. "Imagine that."

"Per usual." He agreed.

"That's fine, it'll be way too early for those girls to want you two poking around them anyway." I said, taking a sip out of my beer.

"Hey." Luke said, sounding offended, "I don't know about Cal, but I am a delight."

"I am too!" Calum argued.

"Well great," I coughed, "can you go be delights in your own apartments? It's getting kind of late."

"It's 10:03pm," Calum scoffed, "don't be such a party pooper. You're not married yet."

"No offense, Chloe." Luke grinned.

"Careful, boys." She laughed, "I'd hate for you to lose your invite."

"Ouch." Calum laughed.

I looked back down at Chloe, her radiant smile, her lovely eyes. This woman was going to be my wife. I was really signing up for the rest of my life, and was so pleased about it. She was so stunning. Every time I saw her, I got weak in the knees. She was so, beautiful...

I just couldn't get those boys out of the apartment fast enough.