1

"We always liked to play mafia related stuff.
Feeling the power burn in our fingertips, even though it was all fake.
No matter how everyone would believe the other way, or how unreal it sounded to them all; Haesol was always the empowered one. The 'godfather'. The one with the deadly kiss."
  "I can still remember how our teachers looked at us. 'A bad guy' they would say, looking at me; 'Too hyper' they would sigh; 'I hope he won't ruin Haesol, he is a so nice kid' they would add."
  "Not that they were wrong; I was hyperactive since birth. But I would not consider myself a bad kid, at all.
And he..he was the only one reminding me that.
'You are my little, loyal, good boy.' " the young man huffed slightly, in a way that showed melancholic amusement, his eyes glancing away for a few seconds. 
      "See... he was always perfect for the role." he went on "We were not playing some cheap gang portraits.
Well, maybe I was playing a cheap role, always being the one with the debts, or the one who gave in to the so beloved daughter. Haesol, on the other side, was the role. The star." he leant in, his elbows resting on his knees while he intertwined his fingers, indexes tapping on his lips.
  "Now, be honest with me, did you ever hear about the grand mafia boss acting like a mundane?
Did The Godfather ever make you laugh?
No.
Haesol was from another world, as if someone grabbed him from the black and white old movies and tossed him into the actual one; cold eyes, defined but emotionless features, respectably lethal."

In the time of silence, we heard our city burn.

I