Chapter Two

The sun was peeking from behind the clouds. The inhabitants of the neighborhood were all sleeping peacefully forgetful of the new morning which had begun a couple hours ago. The curtains were parted of a certain room and the sun rays were allowed entry in it. a room whose occupant was running from here and there trying to gather her sisters' belongings and getting them ready.

"Marium Jahangir now wake up in a minute or I'm gonna throw water over you. Maria has gotten ready already and is having breakfast now. Shame on you!!" The mumbling teenager finally got up from bed knowing the threat wasn't an empty one.

Mama was out of the city for two days and I was tired already running here and there. With four teenagers in the house I was just wondering how mama manage everything.

Sending them to school I took a deep sigh. Planning to go back to sleep for a couple hours I hurriedly picked up the things thrown here and there and laid on my cozy bed and I was out in a minute as I was awake since tahajjud time.

After waking up from a couple hour nap and feeling quite fresh I planned to finally go to Bilquis's place after lunch today. Now it being my fiance's home officially I had started shying away from their home and preferred her coming over rather than me going there.

But now a days there was a wedding going on in their relatives and she was so busy in shoppings and functions that couldn't come over. So she had picked up my reluctance and shyness in going to their place too. She then had told the rest aapis and they had made me tomato red the last time we had met and I had promised them I'll visit their place soon.

Today I didn't have anything as such to do. I was done with my intermediate exams and was now waiting for the result. It had always been my dream to be a mechanical engineer but my last year result wasn't good enough to the point that I had thought I wouldn't make it in uni on merit. But then everyone had comforted me that I could do it so this year I had given my best in exams and was now impatiently waiting for the result.

So basically I was totally a free bird now a days and with mama out I was feeling so bored in the house. So I decided to let my shyness aside and to go there. I knew Bilquis was bursting to tell me all the details of the wedding. It was like something obligatory on her to tell each and every detail of whatever is happening and I was looking forward to it too. I had missed the chatter box.

Knowing her I was sure there must be another guy from the wedding she was crushing on and wanted to gossip over him with me too. Although she never went out of the boundaries she most often than not would find a guy here and there in whom there would be a quality she desperately wanted in her hubby. I would just roll my eyes n listen to her blabber. Or sometimes blabber with her when we would be high.

She was carefree like that. I guess it comes with the perks of being the youngest. Me being the eldest one of five siblings would even feel envious of her sometimes. Although there wasn't any responsibility on me whatsoever but still I would feel responsible for looking after my siblings.

A sharp sting in my finger brought me back to the reality from my ever wandering thoughts. I was cooking chicken curry for lunch and in chopping onions had cut my finger too which was now bleeding. Hurriedly putting it under water I took out a bandage from uper cabinet and bandaged the finger.

Quickly finishing the cooking I went to take a shower. I had just stood up from my prayer mat after salah when all four of them entered home. Perfect timing!! Eating lunch with them and giving them some instructions I got ready to go to Bilquis's place.

I decided to just wear my new abaya and not to bother with clothes now. Applying kohl and a light coat of lip gloss I realized I was nervous going there. Putting all thoughts aside I proceeded for her home.

Ringing the doorbell the first person to open the door was none other than the reason of my nervousness, Mr. Zohaib himself, quickly followed by Bilquis. His eyes immediately narrowed on my bandaged finger but before he could say anything Bilquis came forward hugging me and ushering me inside. I mumbled a quick salaam to him and hurriedly went after her, thankful of her chattering nature.

I could feel his eyes on my back till I entered the living room. The house was silent and I soon found out that aunty and uncle was at the wedding house while Farah aapi was at a friend's place and the two siblings were alone at home.

Bilquis took me to her room and sure enough the next two hours went by in a blur of excited chattering mostly from her side, eating chips and some more chattering. After offering asr salah I planned to leave and reluctantly she agreed too as both of us had some house chores to complete.

My eyes widened to the size of saucers when I saw someone was blocking the main gate, not someone but mr. fiance who was standing there with folded arms over his chest like he has all the time in the world. I looked back and sure enough Bilquis was busy in kitchen.

Maybe seeing the scared expression on my face his eyes softened.

"Relax I'm not gonna eat you. Just wanted to ask your well being. Show me your hand. What happened to your finger?" He asked offering me his hand.

"It's nothing just a minor cut. Now move out of my way before Bilquis comes out." I hissed and he raised his hands in mock surrender. I moved past him and to my home with a pounding heart. His parting words
"Oh she won't mind her brother and sister in law talking sweetheart." still playing in my head.

"Sweetheart my foot! Humph!" I huffed entering my home.

Assalam u alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakutuh lovelies! I'm sorry I took this long in updating this but I had a wedding going on in my family and now my exams are starting from 20th so I'm not sure when will be the next update. The chappie is unedited and I'll go back and edit it later in shaa Allah meanwhile do tell me if you find any mistakes. Please remember me and my exams in your prayers!! ;)
Take care!!