Chapter Three-MACUSA

Graves woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of someone in the living room. He suddenly remembered Astrid and grabbed his wand and hurried outside. He turned to corner with his wand at the ready. Instead of an intruder, Astrid was sitting on the desk with the picture of Misty in her hands. She jumped when Graved came in. "Astrid? It's the middle of the night," Graves said as he lowered his wand.
"I couldn't sleep," she explained.
Graves walked over and leaned against the desk next to Astrid, "Was it a bad dream?"
She nodded, still staring at her mother's photo. Graves moved hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear, "Do you want to talk about it?"
Astrid shook her head and set down the picture. The two were silent for a moment before Graves stood straight from his spot. "Come on," Graves lifted her into his arms carrying her to his room, "don't want you having anymore nightmares."

Graves set her down onto his bed on the left side and pulled the sheets to her chin

Graves set her down onto his bed on the left side and pulled the sheets to her chin. "If you need anything don't be scared to wake me up," he explained.
"Okay," she replied, "Goodnight."
"Goodnight, Astrid."
Astrid closed her eyes and began to fall asleep. Percival walked over to the other side and got into be too. He turned off the lamp with a wave of a hand and lied facing the ceiling. He looked over at Astrid and smoothed down her hair. He closed his eyes and fell asleep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Astrid awoke, Graves had already left the bed and began making breakfast. Used to her old routine, Astrid used her telekinesis and the blanket flew off the bed and across the room. I have to work on that, she thought. She swung her legs over the edge and stretched. Astrid rubbed her eyes and walked to the door. She peeked carefully into the main area and saw Graves cooking with his back turned to her. She closed her eyes and used divination located her hair brush and tooth brush inside her trunk. Astrid popped open her trunk with her powers and the brushes floated into the air and towards her. Slowly and wobbly, the two items floated across the room to her hands. Astrid remembered Miss Snow's words, he mustn't know what you've been taught. So, Astrid watched and made sure Percival didn't turn his back.
Even though she was young, Astrid was a quick learner and a very talented witch. She was good at telekinesis for her age and her divination was to an extent, meaning only close objects. However, much like her mother, Astrid was gifted at resurgence/resurrection. Again only to an extent, small animals and things of that manner. That also meant she didn't like to kill things like her mother. Astrid almost revealed her powers to a bird that kept using hot sling shot to hit small birds.
Suddenly, Graves turned around and Astrid hid behind the corner and lowered the objects as close to the ground with out making a sound. She concentrated as hard as she could; she held her breath and shut her eyes to focus. She had their belongings move closely to the ground with out being noticed. Astrid picked them up and exhaled. That was close.
After brushing her teeth and hair, Astrid walked into the main area where Graves had their breakfast on the table. "Good morning," he greeted.
"Morning," she said as she took a seat.
Percival used his magic and the dishes began to wash themselves and a glass of juice was set by her food. "How did you sleep?" he asked.
"Fine," Astrid replied.
The two ate in silence. Which Graves was used to living alone and all, but Astrid was used to the liveliness of her friends at the Coven. While there wasn't many witches, at least she had people to talk to. When they were finished Graves checked the time and beans to rush a little, "Go and get dressed. We have to go somewhere today."
Astrid nodded and skipped off the guest bedroom. She rummaged through her trunk and picked out an outfit that consisted of a black velvet dress with a white ruffly collar with a green bow, white knee high socks, black shoes, her coat, and a necklace given to her by Fiona Goode, the last supreme. The necklace was of a crescent moon and star. Her was down and in it's curly state.

Astrid walked outside to the main area and Graves walked out dressed in his pristine suit and black coat

Astrid walked outside to the main area and Graves walked out dressed in his pristine suit and black coat. "Are you ready?" he asked.
She nodded her head. Graves held out his hand and Astrid took it, the two appirated out of the apartment and into an alley. Graves led Astrid to the front doors of a building and he was greeted by the doorman. "And who might this be?" the doorman asked.
"Astrid," Graves said, "we're in a little of a hurry."
The man nodded and let them inside. They walked up some stairs and Astrid looked int awe at the beautiful building, "Where are we?"
"This is where I work," Percival explained.
"Why are we here?" she inquired.
"I couldn't leave you home alone," he explained.
Coworkers greeted Graves and gave strange looks when they saw Astrid holding his hand. No doubt they'll have something to gossip about now, Graves thought. He sighed and shook his head.
Astrid on the other hand, was curious about everything and looked around as they passed. She saw a house elf cleaning a man's wand, "What's that?"
"A house elf," Graves explained.
The entered the elevator and went to Percival's department. "So what do you do?" Astrid questioned.
"I'm an auror, like a policeman for the magical community," he explained, "I make sure everything is safe and no one's breaking any rules."
"Like The Council," Astrid spoke.
"The Council?" Percival inquired.
Whoops! Hurry think fast! she cursed at herself. "T-The Council, it's nothing," she lied.
"They're the one who sent me the letter about you," Graves said, "Who are they?"
Astrid stammered with her words trying to create a believable alibi. Suddenly, the elevator doors opened the right floor. "We're here!" Astrid scurried out of the elevators as fast as possible.
"Astrid wait!" Graves ran after her.
Astrid ran as fast as she could. That was close. Remember, one must protect the Coven, she told herself. While Graves was a fast runner, Astrid was able to maneuver through people and things quicker. Graves ran after her moving through others and apologizing as he pushed others. Damnit! Why didn't she answer the question?!?
Astrid turned the corner and was faced with a wall. She shrieked and instead of colliding with the wall, Astrid fell on her back. She sat up and saw she was in a room. I transmutated (teleportation AHS Coven Style)! But, to her dismay, Astrid was faced with people sitting at a long oak table who were having a meeting. "Uh...hello," she greeted awkwardly.