10. Difficulties

I could sense something brewing up down below, in the submarine. Shaw has to be in there, otherwise I wouldn't feel this weird pressure in my head.

He plane was going sideways, and Sean and Charles are now out of their seats. I'm a little worried for their safety, especially in this wobbly plane that Hank doesn't drive as good as he said.

"Hank, level the bloody plane!" Charles shouts over the sound of the engine. I stay glued in my seat next to Raven, silently hoping that these guys know what they're doing.

Beast does as he's told and I can feel the plane tilting until it's level. Charles and Sean begin to prepare for whatever it is they have to do, and Erik comes up to them. Sean points an accusing finger at the approaching man.

"Whoa! You back right off," the boy says. Him and Erik aren't on the best terms, I suppose.

Erik cracks a smile, raises his hands in surrender, and takes a few steps back. Charles and Sean try to stand steady on the floor of the plane.

"Beast, open the bomb bay doors!" Sean shouts, and once again, Hank complies. A seat of thick doors on the floor push open, revealing the sea of water down below. The previous nausea returns and I grip my seat.

Charles pulls at Sean's sleeve and touches his chest. "Remember! This is a muscle. You control it. You'll be in here the entire time!" He points to his head. "We'll see you soon!" Charles pulls away from the boy and holds on to the side of the plane. "On my mark! Three! Two! One! Go!"

Sean drops right down into the air and out of the plane. I imagine how scary that must be and feel proud of the boy. So brave.

I watch out the window and see him shouting, his screams rippling against the water and sending him swooping back up into the air. I almost smile.

"Alert the fleet," Moira says through a CB radio, "they may want to take their cans off." I take a moment and clear my head, trying to remember the training that Charles and I went through. The very short but helpful training.

I attempt to go into Sean's head, but I can't seem to get that far away form the plane. Appearantly, we didn't train enough.

"Banshee has got a location on Shaw," Charles informs us, a small smile on his face. He's as proud as I am of the boy, maybe more. "Are you ready for this?" He asks Erik.

"Let's find out," Erik replies.

I'm totally not ready, I want to say, but decide against it. Just let the pros handle the situation.

The plane swoops sideways and gets closer to the water. I pay close attention as Erik stands on one of the tires that folds out below the plane. His hand scans the water for metal.

His hand trembles slightly, and I can tell he's struggling. But he'll keep going; he's far too determined. The pieces of metal in the soil bring it up into the air, but not so much. It must be an interesting sight from down below.

Erik calms down after a moment, his hand steadying. At the surface of the water comes the submarine, and it comes up out of the water until it is very close to the plane. This heavy submarine is far larger than the plane we are in, and my heart swells with pride for Erik.

I see people down below on the ships frozen, staring up in shock.

A man in a suit with longer than normal dark hair comes out of the top of the submarine. He takes a look at Erik before putting his arms up and spinning, sending the water below him up and into a large cloud.

Do something, my mind tells me. The heavy cloud of water is making it more difficult for Erik to keep his hold on it.

"Erik, take my hand!" Charles shouts over the roar of the water-weapon forming. Erik stays right where he is.

"Hold on, guys," Hank says, "it's gonna get bumpy." I internally groan and keep looking out the window, wondering if I could get inside that guy's head and make him stop doing that.

No, only Charles could do that.

But why isn't he?

He's too distracted helping Erik.

I take action. With a calm mind and clear intentions, I zone out the world around me. I'm not in a plane. I'm not feeling nauseous. I'm not surrounded with all these people like me. I'm stopping the water.

Through the chaos of water flying about around the plane, I only concentrate on the man. I can get glimpses of him through the water, and that seems to be enough. Suddenly, I am inside his head, and my mind fills with images and thoughts that are not my own.

Shaw shows up a lot in the images. I try not to focus on them and instead try to get him to stop what he's doing.

Too late. Erik loses his hold and the submarine crashes into the shore, one that I hadn't even noticed we'd come upon. It rolls a few times, over some trees and through the sand, before coming to a halt.

The plane is still surrounded by water and Hank seems to have trouble controlling it. I return back to the scene, feeling sick once again, especially now that the plane is turning even more. Alarms go off inside the plane and one of the wings actually comes off.

We crash sideways, and Charles and Erik fall face-first to the floor. I suck in a breath. The plane rolls a few times before landing upside down, truly an unpleasant way to land. Especially when one feels like they are about to puke.

I unbuckle myself and try to land as gracefully as I can, but I hurt my hands in the process. At the last moment, I hit my head on something hard and my vision starts to go black.

I can hear someone faintly calling my name, but the unconsciousness still comes and takes over my body.