.:twenty:.

Talk too much - COIN

Athena's POV

"Babe." Josh states, taking my attention from the laminated menu in my hands.

"Yeah?" I respond, smiling at him.

"You know what's in a week?" He asks me, an excited smile on his lips.

"November 10th." I mumble, my attention going back to my menu.

"Yes. But no." He drawls, rolling his eyes.

"A month after they started building the house? Which by the way we should go check up on tomorrow." I say, playing dumb as I sip my wine.

"It's your birthday!" Josh exclaims, his eyes wide with excitement.

"Really?" I ask sarcastically, Josh's eyes rolling back in his head.

"Athena, aren't you excited?" He asks, grabbing my hand.

"Yeah I guess." I mumble, shrugging my shoulders.

"Why not?" He asks, his thumb running my hand.

"I'm getting old." I complain, disgusted that I'm going to be twenty seven.

"Am I old?" Josh asks, his voice playful.

"No!"

"I'm over a year older than you!"

"Okay, fine. Old man." I tease, Josh's face contorting in faux disgust.

"What do you want for your present?" He asks, his expression changing.

"Get me whatever. Just don't go crazy. You spend enough money on me already." I smile, squeezing his hand.

"No promises." He drawled, a smirk on his lips.

******

I woke up unable to move my body at all. As I looked down I realize that Josh had me trapped under his body, holding me in his arms like I might be taken from them.

His head laid on my chest, his arms holding him against me. I started to run my hands through his hair, happy that I got to wake up on my birthday with such a wonderful human being sleeping on me.

I drifted in and out of sleep as I traced patterns on Josh's freckled shoulders, my fingers gracing the newly formed scar on his shoulder from a skateboarding accident.

He wriggles as if he was trying to get comfortable again, but after a few seconds of moving around he looked up at me and smiled.

"Happy birthday, baby girl." He croaked, his morning voice sending a smile to my lips.

"Thank you, Joshua." I mumble as he sits up.

I close my eyes, wanting to go back to sleep. I could feel Josh's face above mine as his breath fanned my face.

His lips softly intertwined with mine, one of his hands cradling my cheek.