Ch. 3 Talking

Lacey's POV

5 minutes later.. We were still standing there shocked and confused about what just happened. So far today there was splatfest, then at splatfest a unidentified flying object which we found out belongs to the  octariens, stole the Great Zapfish and apparently a bunch of good and great Zapfish. Definitely was the worst splatfest ever.

"Well that was interesting.." I said breaking the silence. 

"Yeah.." Jaxon said. "You aren't really gonna go are you?" He asked looking a bit concerned.

"I think we should Jaxon.." I said peaking around the side of the alley.  "I mean she sounded serious.."

"Lacey you're joking right?! You know who asked you that?? An Orange squid kid! The befriended clan of the YELLOW squid kids, you know the clan that is always making you feel bad?!"

Tears began to form in my eyes. I hated talking about them. I never knew what I did to make them hate me... But they just do.. "Yes Jaxon, I am aware of that.." I said my voice sounding hoarse and shakey.

Jaxon looked at me with sad eyes. "Look Lacey, I'm sorry. But I am just looking out for you-"

"I know Jaxon... But you know the type of person I am. Even if this is a set up at least I considered doing something for the greater good and I am going if you like it or not!" I snapped. I have never  snapped before. I have always been that shy girl who just doesn't say anything, it felt so wrong. "Jaxon I'm-"

"No don't be sorry, you had every right to say what you did." Jaxon sighed. "I'll be there."

My eyes lit up at his words. "Wait really?!" I said sounding very happy but also confused. "Why?"

"Because you are my best friend and I am not letting you go to that alone. Some ones gotta have your back if it is a set up, and if it isn't saving inkopolis does sound pretty cool." Jaxon chuckled.

I laughed at his answer. I know it's not even funny but for some reason his answer made me smile. I pulled Jaxon into a hug. "Thank you for always looking out and caring for me."

I felt a smile forming on Jaxon's face, he hugged me back and chuckled. "It's no problem Lacey. You know I will what's be here for you."

A light blush grew on my face. Thank all squids it is dark out, So he wouldn't be able to notice. That would be soo embarrassing..

I smiled. "I know" I giggled and released the hug.

"Aye love" Spyke suddenly said causing me to jump and blush a bit. For a moment I thought she was referring to actual love, I totally forgot she called everyone 'love'.

"Oh my squid Spyke you startled me" I let out a breath and calmed down.

"Sorry mate, but you should know I'm always here." Spyke said. I mean he/she (I don't know Spyke's gender sorry :S) had a point. "Just wanted to say if you two are gonna go meet that orange squid tomorrow you should go get some rest. You'll need if you get started on everything.."

I tilted my head to the side in confusion, but still nodded. "Yeah you're probably right, it is really late"

Jaxon nodded. "Yeah thanks Spyke, come on Lacey let's head back to the apartments" He said starting to leave the alley.

"Yeah thank you Spyke!" I chirped before turning around and following Jaxon out of the alley and towards the apartment complex.

The walk to the apartment complex was silent. Not just Jaxon and I, everyone. Everyone was looking down, starting at there shoes while walking. Which was strange, normally inklings that are befriended would ahead run up and talk to each other, or enemy teams/clans would always be staring each other down. Not tonight. This night, everything is silent.