Chapter 1

Katara stood in her small igloo as she picked up her small bag filled with all of her belongings. She looked around to see her small home one last time before she sighed and walked out of the igloo to see her family outside awaiting her.

Sokka just looked away as she glanced upon him, her grandmother came to her first pulling her into a big hug, lifting her feet off the ground a bit.

"You stay the good girl you are Katara, even though you are being forced to get married, stay the strong stubborn water tribe girl you still are." She said smiling up to Katara. She saw tears in her Grandmothers eyes but she could tell she was trying to hide it.

"Thank you Gran Gran, I promise I will." She said softly then turning to her father who pulled her into a tight hug before letting go and holding her chin up.

"Katara as hard as this is I want you to know that I love you, and that this is for the best, you are doing your people a very good deed, you will forever go down in history as our savior." Her father said to her softly as he choked up a bit before hugging her one last time.

Katara looked over to her brother Sokka who was looking down but she couldn't help run to him and hug him tightly, he jumped a bit before hugging her back tightly, squeezing her small tan arms.

"Be safe Katara, when you return home I want you to be the same Katara I know in love." Sokka said sniffling as he wiped his face.

"I will never change Sokka, I love you." She said to him wiping his tears away.

"Alright.. get along now little sis, don't want anyone to see me crying." He said teasingly to her to try to brighten her mood, as she started to walk away Sokka stopped her grabbing her arm.

"Hey wait Katara, just so you don't forget us with all the royalty up there, keep this as a token to remember us by." Sokka said pulling the small bun out of the top of his head and handing her the blue ribbon that held it up to her.

It was a traditional water tribe ribbon that stood for honor, Katara held her necklace as she smiled hugging Sokka one last time thanking him before she walked to the tall black steel ships.

"Are you the Southern Water Tribe princess, Katara?" The guard asked looking down at his paper then back to her.

Katara nodded taking a big gulp before he led her into the ship. As the doors closed behind her she turned around one last time and waved to her family and friends pulling a hopeful smile on her face, but as the doors shut it disappeared.

:::::::::::::::::::::

Hey guys! I know I have been making a bunch of new stories but this one is definitely here to stay, I've just been experimenting around with different story lines. I have gotten a bunch of requests to continue my other story so I will make sure to do so, thank you again for all the love and tell me how you like this one so far!