3

Suddenly, a palm slapped my mouth making a sharp noise, which startled me and stopped my screaming.

It hurt...

This time, I was so scared that my breathing came out fast and heavy. I squeezed my eyes tightly shut the moment I felt the hand slap against my mouth, not wanting know that it was all real...

Then a voice hoarsely whispered out, still his palm on my lips "Shut up April ! You're gonna wake up the whole neighbourhood!"

"Me ?! You're the one who's gonna wake up the world !" I wanted to say. But I couldn't, as his palm was on my lips, stopping me from talking.

'Wait...how does he even know my name ?'

Ugh ! I didn't even know why I thought of having a conversation. Maybe I was surely getting crazy !

Then I saw the person's face who was holding back the scream that was building in my throat. The little source of light came out from behind his back, illuminating his face.

He had this- startling blue eyes and freckles on his cheeks, his chin square. And a messy hair, that I presumed to be caramel brown in colour, was sticking out on his forehead.

We were so close that his hot breath was fanning my face.

I was so startled to discover the intruder's face. He didn't look like a wicked burglar at all ! I was blinking rapidly in shock.

And yes, my intruder was just smirked at me broadly, seeing me so surprised.

'Wait ! Why am I not reacting ?!'

After I came back to my senses, I slapped away his palm from my mouth and glared at him angrily, furrowing my brows.

I couldn't see anything in the pitch black except for an almost unclear sight of his face that was being illuminated by the little light.

He backed away from me, his brows arched up, I thought. Probably he was amazed by my move.

I noticed that the little source of light was following his every movement, always hovering inches away from his face, illuminating it, and was going back and forth whenever he went back and forth.

I looked at the light closely, to see a small human-like body of a female-with-with fluttering wings !

I couldn't help but let a small squeal escape from my lips.

His eyebrows arched up even higher in amazement, seeing me acting like this.

'I dunno why he is being so overdramatically amazed ! Oh come on, what ?! Am I supposed to jump on the bed out of joy, to see an attractive stranger coming through the window in a girl's bedroom in the middle of the night ?! Or should I cry out of joy to see-a little fluttery fairy before my eyes ?!

Why do I think that he's attractive ?'

Suddenly, the light of the moon entered in my room through the window, bright and lively, brightening my dark room. Maybe this beautiful light remained unrevealed for the cloud covering it up.

And....it revealed my stranger completely too.

The moment the light entered, his gaze shifted from me towards the window. His eyes were scanning the beautiful moon descended in the sky, I guess.

I was still sitting upright on the bed, staring dumbly at him, and the glowing little fluttery fairy....

My stranger was a bit skinny. He was wearing this baggy, really thin torn out green cotton shirt with his sleeves rolled up, and a faded blue torned jeans. He was wearing a very old pair of faded black sneakers which was torned too. His legs were long and I thought that he would tower me if I stood before him. He had sharp shoulder blades. And his hair was even messier than I thought it would be.