temptation.

((this is college roommate au ahh! also everyone's a little more happy smiley because why not? ik jonathan doesn't sound like the jonathan we know but in this everything's gr8 for him and etc. also he's way too deep in love with nancy if you hadn't noticed from all the times it's repeated in this ahaha))

pov: jonathan

i sat on the couch waiting for nancy to arrive. she had to stay late in so many of her classes today, why? because her being her curious self decided to ask all of her professors tips and "pointers" for her to study tonight for finals. when in reality, the girl didn't even need to study. she claimed to be dumb and didn't know how she always was top of her class almost every year. maybe she was dumb, but not academically.

 i looked over at the kitchen table, god it looked kinda stupid now. all the food, and the candles. what if she thought it was more than a friendly gesture? i mean it totally was more than just a friendly gesture, but she wasn't supposed to know that. plus i don't come off as the guy to do this all for her. i'm just... her roommate. her roommate who always helps her study, her roommate who always picks up food for her when she's sick. her roommate who is hopelessly in love with her. i am hopelessly in love with an oblivious girl. how fun. at least i had gotten her favorite food. maybe... maybe i'll take away the candles. yeah... i'll take those away.

i got up from the couch and made my way quickly over to the candles that had been put up on the counters. i didn't want her arriving while i was taking them away. why had i put so many? i regretted it so much. i shouldn't have-

suddenly one of the candles fall from my hand and onto the floor. which would have been fine if it hadn't been lit. I started to freak out which wasn't very smart.
"shit! shit!"
i quickly pick up the candle making sure to not drop any others and throw it in the sink. i hate candles. after i threw them away after getting rid of the flame upon them, i took my seat back on the couch. how long did it take to ask teachers for tips on how to study? jesus. right on cue i hear the door begin to unlock and quickly whip out my phone. i had to look like i hadn't been waiting here for almost an hour now. which would've made me look lonely as hell. 

"hey jonathan i'm sorry i got here so late, i don't think we're going to be able to go out to eat i'm so sorry it's just that i got a bunch of tips and pointers and i don't know i feel like this is going to be heck of a night studying for tomorrow and whole do you smell food? because i do!"nancy walked into the room talking a mile a minute and she hadn't even turned around from the door yet. when she did, she saw the food and me smiling. that made her smile. 

"food'll get your energy up for studying, and i'll stay up as long as you need to stay up for." i say getting up nodding. 

"jonathan, oh my gosh. you're... you're the best! you know that?" she says putting down her bag.

"i do actually!" i say laughing and opening my arms for hug. i didn't usually laugh until i met nancy. she was my sense of humor from the day we became friends. everything about her made me happy, and whenever she upset me, i couldn't stay mad for long. 

"i'll go change." she giggled after hugging me. 

i watched her walk off and i continued to smile. everything she did made me happy. i walked over to the kitchen table and began making her plate, making sure to add extras of all her favorite foods. after about five minutes nancy come back out wearing sweats, and t shirt, and the messiest yet still pretty darn good bun ever. not that i knew anything about buns. 

"oh wait i forgot..." nancy said before running back into her room, once she came back there were tons of books and papers in her hand. 

"you're going to studying while eating?" i asked with a hint of disappointment. i had kinda wanted to just eat and talk with her, and perhaps later do all the studying. 

"jonathan, if i start now i can cram more in my head!" she said rolling her eyes. i shrugged in response and began making my plate as she grabbed the forks. i sat back down with my food and watched her. she looked so focused, so... into it? the way her eyebrows furrowed when she was thinking hard about something. and the way she bit her lip as if she just couldn't figure something out. it was just so plain adorable. 

(few hours later)

i sat down next to her and skimmed over what she had been reading. 

"do you not plan on taking a break soon? it's almost eleven, nancy." she looked over at me and her eyes screamed 'sleep' but her smile spoke 'leave me alone or i'll kill you.'

"jonathan, i'm trying to get a good grade in my classes, and you're affecting that. so basically you're affecting my grade. which isn't the kindest thing to do. also, could you get me a glass of water?" she asked without removing her eyes from the book she was scanning.

"jeez, alright." i said chuckling and getting up to get her water. i walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a cup. she didn't ask for ice but i'm pretty sure she wants some, ice usually helps her stay awake, i have no idea why, but it does. i pop some ice into the cup and wait for the water to fill it up. when it's all done i start walking back to nancy. i just stop for a minute right before getting to her though. she looked so gorgeous. the way her lips were pursed, and her eyes looked so intense. she never looked this serious unless something really mattered to her. suddenly she stopped reading and put the book down, she hadn't noticed i was near so she took a deep breath in. the way her chest filled, then fell back. i was obsessed with every part of you, nancy wheeler, how were you so blind and oblivious to see? 

i continue walking over to her and the table with the glass. 

"here you go madam." i say, tipping an invisible hat and chuckling. 

"thank you jonathan, could you pull your chair closer to me please?" she asks drinking  sip from the water. i nod and pull my chair closer to her, then sit down. she sighs and leans on me, putting her head on my shoulder. this wasn't the first time she had down this before, but i still felt so warm inside when she did it. the way her skin felt when she grabbed for my hand. or how i could feel her breathing. she closed her eyes and a smile formed at her lips. i wanted to kiss her so badly. everything about her was so perfect. the temptation was ever so hard to bare. we were roommates. just roommates. and i was so damn in love with my roommate.