The Meeting

Ash sat in the corner of the all too familiar classroom. He hoped that today was another day he could go unnoticed. He hated attention. Ever since that day he never let anyone in. He would never trust anybody, and he didn't want anyone to find out what really happened each day. Ash pulled his black hood farther down covering his cold, glassy eyes, as students began to walk into the classroom talking about how there weekend was, or who their crushes were, or who broke up with who. The students took their seats on the desk that spread out evenly in the classroom, avoiding the creepy, cold, lifeless boy, who would refuses to say one word.  'Sometimes it's better to be alone.' Words of someone ran through Ash's head. 'No one to betray you.' it finished. Ash stood by those words. He now understood what they meant.

"Hay Ashie-boy." Came a teasing male voice that Ash hated to hear. He didn't turn to where the voice originated, and kept his view forwards. Ash pulled down the black sleeves making sure, that they weren't too high.

A hand slammed on Ash's desk, but it didn't faze Ash one bit. He glanced at it then returned his vision. 'So much for going unnoticed.' He thought with a sigh. Then the hand was lifted off the tabled, and went on top of Ash's hood. Ash held the tip of the hood to keep the hand from pulling it off.

"Oh come on Ashie-boy. Don't be like that." The owner of the hand teased. Ash heard laughter from behind him. He rolled his eyes, but kept his face emotionless. "What's up Ashie-boy? Cat got your tonged?" Teased a new voice. The hand let go of Ash's hood with no warning forcing Ash to pull it down on his face. Laughter was running throughout the classroom. Ash kept his hood there, and placed his head on the desk. He wrapped his arms around his head making it look like he meant to pull down his hood.

The teacher then came in and said, "Okay students. Calm down." The kids behind Ash walked away, and Ash sat up. The teacher was none other then the famous Pokemon researcher, Professor Oak. 

"Today, if you haven't heard, we're getting a new student." He began, then excited whispers ran through the air. Ash usually didn't care, but the only other empty seat in the classroom was next to him. People realized it too, and some began to death stare Ash. He turned his head away hoping that they would turn back around.

"So if you all would give her a warm welcome." Ash heard the door open then close. The room was silent for a second then screams of excitement ran through the air. "Omg! It's the masked princess!" Yelled some of the girls while others were speechless. Ash knew who the masked princess was, a famous pop singer, but he really didn't care. 

"Quiet down class!" Prof. Oak yelled over the scream, and yells of excitement. He gestured towards the masked princess to let her know that she could introduce herself.

"Hi! You may know me all by the masked princess, but please I would appreciate it if you would call me Serena." She then bowed to the class. Some of the boys were blushing because they were in the same room as a woman singer.

"Serena would you sit down in that chair in the back, next to Ash. Ash, could you raise your hand?" Ash hesitantly raised his hand to let Serena know who he was. 'Ugh. This is going to be a long day.' He thought.

Serena nodded then walked over to Ash. She sat next to the boy trying to cover his face with his hood. "Nice to meet you Ash." Serena said after taking her seat, and then smiled at Ash. Ash ignored Serena. She leaned away from Ash wondering what was up with him.

"Now class, take out your notes from Friday." Said Oak. With the sound of backpacks unzipping, and the creek of the chairs; everyone did as they were told.

"And don't worry about the notes Serena. Just fallow along if you can." Serena nodded, and pulled out her own notebook. It seemed new, and had a pink furry cover with white poke-a-dots.