Chapter 11

Dedicated to JenniferEmbers for being such a quirky, dark, talented author, intelligent visionary & friend of mine.:) 

Note: tailor-made execution based upon organ donor status was inspired by the novel Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult. Also, if anybody is named Randy O'Brien, I'm sorry, it was a random name that I decided to go with. Additionally, "update will be this Thursday" is a relative term. ;)

(Present time)

"Morning guys!" Esme calls, skipping into the room.

"God, can't you get dismissed for arriving at work intoxicated?"

"Adrienne, I'm not high, I'm just happy!"

"Well, stop."

"Oh Adrienne, the only reason you despise sunny individuals is because you struggle to be happy yourself."

"Fuck off."

"Love you, too!" Esme, myself, Craig, Sabrina, Christopher & just about everyone else sang to Adri. She rolled her eyes & sighed but I found a ghost of a smile lingering on her lips.

"Everybody good to get started?" Esme asked.

"Yeah, girl," Sabrina enthused.

"Alrighty, who would like to begin?" Silence. "Nobody? Not even you, Aaron?" Esme teased.

"Eh well, I did have more hauntings by the victim recently but we speak about them so much already."

"When last did you envision her?"

"Yesterday. Twice actually."

"Twice? In one day? And you neglected to inform me?" Adrienne rages incredulously.

"Adri, I was gonna see you today anyway, I figure I'd rather talk to you about the flashbacks in person." She gives me a contemptuous look but says no more.

"Ooh, touchy today, are we, Adrienne?" Christopher mocks jokingly.

Fires swirl in her eyes & I just have enough time to restrain her before the flaming love of mine hurtles across the room to assault him.

"Leave her be, Christopher, we all ship her and Aaron together, it's obvious that there is sexual tension between them," Sabrina states pragmatically.

All eyes whip to the pair of us. Adrienne has a hint of a blush on her cheeks & on her slender, scarred neck. I never thought blushing could be attractive, until now.

"Aye, I'm not denying it," I say, going for cocky as I jut my chin out & slide my arm around Adri's chair. The whole group laughs in satisfaction. Adrienne casually slips from her chair to the one next to her, on her left, leaving a space between us. She keeps a confident, defiant expression but her pretty face is still tinted pink.

I immediately hop into the chair to my left, thus closing the rift between us. Adrienne gives me her trademark "chillin' like a villain" look before asking Esme, who was now sitting next to her, to shift over.

"We are not here to play musical chairs," Esme scolds while chuckling at us.

"Adrienne, stop beating about the bush & just sit on his lap already!" Christopher is the strongest unintentional wingman I've ever had.

"Jesus, somebody stop him by putting a dick in his mouth!" Adrienne moans, much to everyone's amusement.

I take my cue then & hoist Adrienne up in my arms. She's light & fragile, I feel as though I could snap her in an instant. That surely can't be normal, right? I'll ask her about it later.