Chapter 3: I Go Crazy

It had been about two or three weeks since that night where I helped the guy, Tre'. The scenario had been stuck in my head. My girls and I were getting ready for a party at my cousin Tiara's. I threw on a black jumper that hugged every lip-biting curve on my body and had a deep V-neckline that showed off my voluptuous brown breasts. I made my hair nice and wavy and stuck a cat ear accessory on my head. Lastly, my feet slid into my silver heels. As soon as we arrived at the party it was lit. The whole block sounded with Meek Mill. My girls and I walked in like we owned the place. I mean I practically did since it was my cousin's house to begin with. Girls angrily wagged their fingers at their boyfriends who turned their heads to greet us. It seemed like the event took place in slow motion how everything paused just to watch our strut. We headed straight to the center of the living room to dance. Latasha bent down and started popping her booty in front of me while I danced on her. Like clockwork we were surrounded by dudes who wanted a chance to feel what she was laying down. Paris looked for someone to dance on while Kayla went straight for the alcohol. The party was off the chain. My eyes connected across the room with Shameik's who was dancing with his girl Zariah. I smirked. Tonight I'm determined to be the pettiest of them all. I grabbed Paris and walked over to her. "Hey Zariah, don't you look precious tonight?" I smiled. "Yeah, just precious." Paris laughed. Shameik shook his head and glared at me. I looked him dead in his eyes and lowered my brows. "What do you want Nolee. I'm with my man." Zariah said in a huff. "Oh? Y'all are still together? Oop, sip sip." Paris said pretending to drink from a tea cup. Zariah placed a hand on her hip and looked between me and Shameik. I laughed at Paris' comment knowing that she had a hunch that Shameik and I were still messing around. "What are you implying?" She asked. I leaned in close to Zariah's ear and spoke softly. "All I can say is, I hope you haven't kissed him on his lips lately. Just looking out for a sister." She looked like she was ready to throw a drink on me but instead tossed it on him. Paris shrugged and pulled me away before I had to throw down in the middle of the little get together. "You are so messy." Paris said as we laughed together. "Stop acting like you didn't know girl!" Our conversation was abruptly interrupted by someone grabbing me by my arm and pulling me aside. I was prepared to face an angry Shameik but instead a familiar face greeted me.

"Long time no see." Tre' said. A lump got caught in my throat. I was at a loss for words. "Damn, can't even get a hey?" He asked. I swallowed whatever was holding me back and smiled. "Hey, don't you pull that on me. You come into my life on a cold stormy night then disappear for weeks at a time. What's your deal anonymous?" He smirked at my comment and leaned against the wall. "Who's to say that I'm not running from something?" He licked his lips. My heart jumped. This boy was all types of fine. "What exactly would you, of all characters, be running from?" I asked only for the subject to be changed. Tre' shrugged. "Who are you with tonight? A boyfriend maybe?" I cocked my head to the side. It was clear this boy was not from this area. He asked me of all girls that question? I began to laugh. "Boyfriend? Me? Baby, nobody has been able to tie me down since I was fifteen." Tre' let out a low chuckle. "Oh bet, so I don't have to worry about some nigga coming and interrupting us?" He placed his hands on my waist and pulled me in closer. Trying to play off the acceleration of my heart I flipped my dark wavy hair over my shoulder. "I can't promise that. I'm kind of in high demand." I smirked and bit my glossed lip. My game was strong but his was stronger. There must've been something in the air pulling us together because I hadn't felt that way in quite a while. Just when he was ready to speak, 'I'm Still In Love With You' by Sean Paul and Sasha came on and I couldn't resist the Barbadian blood coursing through my veins. I loved Caribbean music! I turned around and began whining my hips all over Tre'. He grabbed my waist and his hips followed the rhythm of mines. Our bodies were in perfect sync to the music and we moved like we were one. The boy knew how to throw down on the dance floor, I wasn't expecting him to keep up. Hell, most guys couldn't. Eyes were on us as I turned to face him while we swayed our bodies together. They cooed at the sight of me and Tre'. Suddenly I understood the lyrics to Ciara's song 'Dance Like We're Making Love'. I had never felt such an intimate connection with someone while dancing. "Oh for real? You gon' come in here starting with me and my girl then start dancing on this dude?" The sound of an angry Shameik released us from our timeless dance. My eyes rolled so hard that they almost fell out. "Meek take your ass somewhere, I'm done with you. Leave me alone." I scoffed. "Done with who? Nah, that's not how this works. Get yo ass over here so we can talk." He said. I folded my arms and began walking towards him only to be pulled back by Tre. "She isn't your property, son. Don't talk to her like she's some object." He barked at Meek. "Nigga who are you? Mind your business Trevon. You know better!" Shameik snapped back. "Don't trip son, just know she ain't goin' no where with you." Tre' pushed me behind him as if he was aware something was about to pop off. Knowing Meek's past as a star football player and not knowing much about Tre', I decided not to take my chances. I began pulling Tre away to avoid any drama but he didn't budge. "Ask about me homie, you really don't want no problems with me." An angry Shameik threatened. "Man what?" Like his own reflexes, Tre' raised his fist and sent it flying across Meek's Jaw. I gasped. At this point they were in a full blown fight. They slammed each other around and rocked each other's jaws. People gathered and recorded the two. My girls rushed over making sure it wasn't me fighting only to find me breaking it up. "Stop it!" I screamed. It was no use they were at it like wild animals. There was only one thing left to do and it risked me getting hit. I slid in the middle of them and braced myself for the hits coming my way. The fighting subsided before I got hit, thankfully. I pulled Tre out the house with no looking back. "Nolee! Nolee wait up!" My friends yelled.