Analogy to Human: "The Heart"

Trapped in an empty, desolate room void of life and hope.......

Simply dying, inside crying, afraid to leave its little light, stands a figure. The door is too far, it thinks. It ponders the question, "Am I whole?" aloud; then answers in as soft, eerie whisper the word, "no," is spoken. It needs to see what is behind the door, the door it stares at all the time; to know its meaning. The heart painstakingly stands with a wobble. It has not stood in a while. It is excited and nervous. It stretches out its legs. It is now strong. It can go anywhere, or so it thinks, or more so wonders.

It starts off towards the door sprinting faster and faster. It slowly gains speed. Right then and there, it realizes the door is not-just--right there; it is miles away. It only noticed it, or saw it, with pure instinct; but, it knows it cannot go back not to mopping, to self-pity, to dying slowly. It runs through the darkness with all its strength. Minutes turn to hours, hours to days. The darkness is so thick; it calls the heart to come back, and lashes at it with tentacles of thorns and wickedness. The heart keeps on running faster, as the wounds give him will... to go on.

It finally sees the door; the door is in actual sight! The heart sprints faster with all its power all of its...being.

Yards turn to feet, feet to inches... WAIT! The heart stops, Almost, too late to save itself. There is a chasm in front of it, and the Heart knows that the chasm's darkness stretches far beyond the point of no return. The heart turns around it is sluggish, slow, tired, and more so dying.

It notices the blood trickling from its mouth. It licks THE BLOOD off its lips. Then, it continues to stumble the other way into the darkness. It wipes its blood stained face, now soaked with tears and covered in scars. Then with a "tsk" and a "groan" its foot shifts back towards the door sprinting faster, faster than it knew it was capable of going... Then with one last burst of energy it pours all its hope, dreams, and more importantly its soul... Its life giving essence is put into one mighty-powerful jump. It stretches it arm out as far as they can go. It jumps further than it ever dreamed it could; pushing past its limits. It is there, it thinks with its hand is on the handle! It feels the sense of relief, warmth, and assurance. "Rest", it breathes in a soft spoken voice. This small jolt of joyous happiness is shortly lived; for the simple fact that, its body catches up... All the hearts energy, work, and effort slams it into the Door. All of its speed, weight, essence, and the sure tiredness of a long journey; though blades of evil self-assurance. The key point of this long harsh exploit was its hope. It smirks as it thinks aloud softly, " so close." as it falls back into the infinite darkness.

By: anonymous Divine hale