Count On Me

The moment the game ended he cried on bended knees. He failed his family, friends, teammates, coaching staff, and all their supporters.

They didn't win the game 2. As the confetti showered the court, his heart shattered into pieces.

Sinisisi niya lahat sa sarili niya. He didn't play his best. He just had 2 points. He hates himself for that.

There goes the crying of his teammates, in that moment his just want to go home.

"For the first runner up, let's call Ateneo De Manila University!"

He went first. He didn't want to take a picture with the team because he thinks like he didn't do anything.

After the picture, they went to the dugout.

The moment they entered the dugout, coach tab said his words.

"Even tho we didn't win as champions, I'm still proud of what you've done."

He's just crying the whole time. He wants to see her so bad. He needs her right now.

Little did he know, the girl he wants to see watched the game and is already waiting for him outside.

"Thirdy."

He searched for that voice.

"Billie."

His teammates already went home to get some rest because tomorrow they will be on a vacation with the whole team.

He hugged his girlfriend and cried again on her shoulder.

"I failed."

But instead of feeling a warm hug from her he received a word that could kill him softly.

"Thirdy, I'm breaking up with you. You are no match with Jeron."

"You're joking! Come on!"

"I'm not! Goodbye Thirdy, and for the record. I didn't love you truly."

And again his heart shattered into pieces.

***

He's driving to a place nobody knows.

He just let his body do the work without his heart.

After a couple of minutes he found himself at their sanctuary.

"Thirdy?"

"Bea."

He ran to her and hugged his best friend. Yes, their just best friends.

"It's okay Thirdy, don't blame yourself it's not your fault. Think of it as a lesson so that next season, you will be the champions. We know you did your part. Maybe you failed them but hey! You didn't fail me, for me you're the MVP."

And again, he realized that he needs the words of his best friend.

They stayed silent for a while. As if there's an angel passing through.

Thirdy decided to break the silence.

"We broke up."

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah, she said Jeron is better than me. That's why she broke up with me."

"Wow! That's new, Pag nakita ko siya I will surely treat her!"

Thirdy pouted and she rolled her eyes.

"Thankyou Bei, for making me happy despite of my handsome face."

"Asan ang pogi diyan? Ferdinand?! San banda?! Di ko makita."

He pouted again and finally Bea spoke.

"It's no big deal. You are my boy best friend and for the record."

"You can count on me like 1, 2, 3, I'll be there. Cause I know when I need it, I can count on you like 4, 3, 2, you'll be there. Cause that what friends are supposed to do oh yeah."

Bea sang to him and he found home.

----------

[Author's Note: I DID NOT PROOF READ! Sorry for the typos and grammatical errors! Congrats Lasalle and Ateneo! That was a good game.]