The Governor's Daughter {Carl Grimes/The Walking Dead}

Kayleigh is obviously the daughter of the evil Governor. You can tell because, at age thirteen, she's skilled with basically any weapon she can get her hands on. So in the situation of the apocalypse, that's always handy. The down side to it is that she and her twin brother Jai are expected to be on their father's side. But when The Governor takes hostages from a certain group of survivors, that might all change. Risks will be taken, promises will be broken. But that's what to expect from The Governer's daughter....right?

Prologue:

"If something happens, I can't guarantee your safety," Dad says quietly to Jai and I as the troops get into position.

"Nobody can guarantee our safety except us," I say defensively. Jai shoots me a faint grin.

My gun is secure in my holster. Jai's got his crossbow. We've both got maximum ammo. What could Dad possibly be worried about? Us falling in love with a hostage? Sheesh.

"Either way, this might get ugly," he informs the both of us, knowing that since this all started we'd be inseparable.

"We'll be fine. We came here ready for things to get bloody," Jai shrugs.

Dad looks back and forth at me and him, detecting that we're serious when we say these things.

After a minute, he sighs and gives the signal for the troops to start invading. I look out from behind the tree I'm hid behind to see commotion stirring. This group of people came to Woodbury on their own. They should've known that this is someone's land.

I take my gun out and rest my finger on the trigger, ready to shoot at the first sign of danger. Jai does the same with his crossbow. He nervously brushes his dark hair back. I just tuck mine behind my ear so Ill have a clearer aim.

The action begins when a tall man in a sheriff's uniform shoots his gun at one of our troops. I step out from behind the tree and start shooting, as does Jai. A dark haired lady holding a tiny baby cowers from inside a house, and another boy around my age steps into the doorway of the house and fires his gun at Jai.

Jai ducks behind the tree with his crossbow. I go to shoot the kid when a blade slides across my shoulder. I shriek in pain and cower down next to Jai. Someone shot an arrow at me and barely missed, though they managed to scrape me. But Im not about to be fazed. I come from a tough family. Therefore I have to be tough.

The kid apparently thinks I'm gone, so now he's looking the other way. Perfect. I take a moment to perfect my aim before I pull the trigger.

Everything moves in slow motion. My bullet slices through the air towards him. And then I notice the wind kicking in, as if it were defending him. Either way, it only messes up the bullet a tiny bit, and the bullet manages to impale itself in the boy's arm.

The lady with the baby rushes to his aid, as does a weary old man. Pathetic.

"Kayleigh! Get down!" Jai shrieks as he sees that a lady with a katana chucks it at me. I duck in horror, and it hits the tree not so far away from me. My shoulder's seeping blood, but all well. I yank the katana out and tuck it into my holster before firing at the lady.

Then our tanks arrive, and soon enough the group of people are outnumbered and defeated. Dad starts taking hostages, other people he randomly kills. Horror fills me to watch it happen. No, Kayleigh. You don't want to stop him. You aren't going to stop him.

Dad takes the boy I shot in the arm, though I realize that he now is wearing a bandage over the wound. I take a shaky deep breath, unable to look away from the awful, bloody sight of all this.

Jai pulls me down and wraps his arms around me. Obviously he's horrified, too. But I hug him back, too. How can I live like this, with such an awful human being as a father?

My name is Kayleigh, and I'm the Governor's daughter.