JJ's Baby

Novelette:

JJ's Baby

"Can someone tell me why am I here today? I have to attend Erica's graduation party later. What would she think if her girlfriend is not with her, celebrating her achievements?" Jamie asked, still standing outside the boardroom door at Carrington Towers, looking sufficiently annoyed.

"Sit down Princess, we have something important to discuss, as a family, and it cannot wait. Kelly, since Jamie is here, go ahead. Keep everyone up to speed with the latest development." Leon Carrington said in a commanding tone to his daughters, with both his sons Julian and Jayden sitting silently next to him.

"Jayden got some hot shot lawyer pregnant when he was away for a conference in Florida. She had refused to put his name on the baby's birth certificate, she wasn't cooperative or open to negotiations at all. She would rather be a single parent. Naturally, her son is following her surname. Daddy  is furious. He wants the boy to follow our last name, the child does after all, have the Carrington blood flowing in his veins."

"We know the statutes require that the mother be awarded sole physical and legal custody unless Jayden takes action to fight for some form of custody and visitation rights. As we are already aware, an unwed father often cannot win custody over a mother who is a good parent and who can provide for the child." Kelly said candidly.

"I assume DNA Tests have confirmed that he's one of us? I thought it was something so serious, just take the necessary actions to reach custody and visitation agreement with the child's mother out of court. It's not like Jayden is going through some messy divorce proceedings with this woman. Our law firm is one of the largest in New York, don't tell me we can't have our own hot shot lawyers specializing in family law to at least get some form of custody to be awarded to my brother?" Jamie stated with a nonchalant tone.

"The boy is mine. I'm very sure, he has all our Carrington features. In addition, just to be on the safe side and 200 percent certain, Dad had already gotten Julian to arrange for DNA Tests to be carried out in Florida after the baby was born. The result came back positive." Jayden finally chimed in after staying silent for the entire meeting, with Julian nodding his head in agreement.

Kelly interjected. "We have already sent Cole Sinclair immediately when we found out about her pregnancy, but she refused to negotiate.   I had Charles Sutherland, our best in the Family Law division, looking into it again after we confirmed paternity. Notwithstanding that, we have not been able to reach an agreement with the child's mother. She has stubbornly declined all our offers to settle out of court."

"In such disputes and under the circumstances, the outcome will be based on the family court judge's decision. Now, we know very well the reasons why that it will not be going in Jayden's favor if this matter goes to the Family Courts."

"Bro, you were the one who knocked her up, just man up and deal with her at a more personal level, sweet talk her if need be. You are the child's father for goodness sake!" Jamie yelled, obviously irritated by the meeting that was specially called, solely to fix up the predicament her playboy second brother had landed himself in.

Even at 38 years of age, no one in the family actually saw Jayden fit to be a father. It's quite clear why Kelly had alluded to this going very badly for him if the custody disputes were to move to the Family Courts. Everyone was 99.99% sure that the judge will uphold the decision to award sole custody to the mother. That foreseeable outcome, certainly will not be what the esteemed Leon Preston Carrington would have liked.

Jayden growled at his little sister. "Who said I didn't try? I pleaded with her so many times after I found out that she was pregnant, but she just continued to ignore me. She even threatened to file a restraining order against me if I approached her again. I just don't get it, she woke me up harshly and threw me out of her hotel room the next morning after we had the sex of the century the night before. Telling me not to see her or touch her ever again! We were doing it so many times during the night and she just practically kicked me out the next day! 'Jay, deeper, deeper, Jay, don't stop, don't stop, fuck me harder... you are so hard... god, so deep, so deep, fuck me, fuck me, fuck your slut' She obviously wasn't sounding like she didn't enjoy it while screaming my name the night I fucked her brains out! Now, I feel like she just used me! Like some sperm donor!"