Chapter Two

The next day logged on and Left the pub heading towards the inner city. The inner city was where all the upper class lived. It was walled off from the rest of the city and no one who didn't live there was allowed inside unless the king allowed it. But there was, of course, a way into it; the way in was through the roofs of the buildings on both sides.

I climbed onto the roof of one of the lower buildings, then made my way up to some of the higher ones and went across the wall. My target was Vincent Bronze, the inventor, and builder of the clockwork soldiers. It would be fairly simple, the one complication was that there would most likely be lots of clockwork soldiers.

I continued along the roofs, though it was getting harder because the deeper you got I the city the further the houses were from each other. Finally, I was forced to come down from the roofs. It was much harder going unseen on the ground, but that was expected.
~~~
I finally got to Vincent Bronze's house. It was a huge mansion with a hundred clockwork soldiers as guards. I climbed up one of the ivy-covered garden walls and from there was able to sneak through a window into his house. I dropped down onto a large chandelier; the chandelier was iron and looked like it belonged in a medieval castle.

I was lucky with this one, he was in this room. I just need him to get below me and I could have an easy drop assassination. After about ten minutes he walked below the chandelier, and I dropped. I had done this a thousand times before. I just dropped down my sword landing in their skulls. But, something strange happened this time...
Suddenly mid fall I stop.

"Hello, Blake." He said smiling, looking up at me his hand out like he was holding me with it. "Sorry, was Blake not your name? I know it's not your real name, your real name is Mari. But in the game you are Blake are you not?"

"Y-yes, my name is Blake here. But how do you know my real name? No one knows that!" I said still a bit shocked about what was going on.

"You don't need to know the how, but I bet you're wondering why you're here, now aren't you?" He said as I was slowly put down on the ground.

"No, I know why I'm here, I'm here to kill you," I said slightly unsure of myself.

"I thought you were smarter than that Blake." He said shaking his head "If you were really here to assassinate me then how would I know you were here."

"Wait, you put in the order for me to kill you, why?"

I said you wanted to know!" He said as he started to walk away towards a chest on the other side of the room...