Talking from space (NASA part 2)

A/N I decided to write the oneshots NASA in three parts instead of just one cuz in my mind it just works better that way.

Alexander held a satellite phone to his ear. He'd just dialled his and John's home number and was hoping John was at home.

"Hello?"

"John, hey," Alex said into the phone.

"Lexi?"

"Yeah, it's me."

"Alex, hi. How's space?" John sounded tired, but Alex could practically hear the smile on his face.

"It's really cool, I miss you, though."

"I miss you, too."

"Laurens, I love you, so much."

"I love you, too."

"I'm so sorry I didn't call you since last week, I haven't had many chances."

"It's fine, Lexi, it's fine."

"When I get back remind me to show you my photos."

"I will."

"The pollution, you can see it from up here, it's so sad, seeing that we're practically destroying the only planet we can live on. And South Korea at night is so bright and then there's a border, one of the only borders you can see from space, and then there's a darkness which is North Korea. The wars over land and borders are so senseless, you can't see any borders from up here. In short, Laurens, I am disgusted by pretty much everything in this world except yourself."

"Lexi."

A pause.

"You okay, John?"

"Yeah. I'm just trying to find an equally poetic and powerful way to tell you that I love you."

Alex laughed. "I love you, too."

"I know and I'm so lucky."

"What time is it at home?"

"Just gimme a sec." There was a distant rustling sound. "Um... four-thirty-seven."

"In the afternoon?"

"Nah."

"In the morning?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. I'll let you go, you're probably really tired."

"Yeah, I am. But you don't have to go. I really miss you."

"I miss you, too."

"I've been up here for about two months, right?"

"Yeah."

"I'll see you in four months."

"I'll talk to you tomorrow?"

"Of course. Yeah, I'll call you next time I have the chance, okay?"

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you, too, John Laurens. Talk to you tomorrow."

"Bye." John sounded sad.

Alexander attached the satellite phone back to the wall with the Velcro attached to the back.

"Alex, how'd it go?" George, the captain of the crew Alexander was on, asked.

"Great. I miss him, so much."

"I miss Martha, too," George said.

A/N Yep. One more part. Reunion! Lams is so cute... I love writing about them.

Also apparently Velcro is also how astronauts make sure their stuff doesn't disappear. Like float away, not disappear.
-Sarah