Knight Rider Fan Fiction: Michael and Bonnie: I'll Take Care of You.

• Dedicated to Glen A. Larson

Bonnie anxiously pried her eyes away from the computer to look up at the individual; she had heard the repeated echo of the heavy footsteps approaching. Her eyes widened in relief and amazement when she discovered it was her co-worker and not some crazed criminal. Her relief soon turned to bewilderment as she took in his dreadful state.

She gasped, “Oh Michael, you look terrible!” It was more than true, for the generally peppy and energetic co-worker looked ghastly pale. His eyes were bloodshot and underlined with dark puffy bags; that indicated more than just the usual fatigue. 

"Thanks Bon," he lowly grumbled in a sarcastic tone as he headed for KITT. 

"You aren’t honestly going out there…. are you?" Bonnie questioned seizing his arm tightly out of concern for his well-being.

Sniffling, Michael cast her an annoyed glare before answering, “well yeah. What do yah ex…expect me ta do? Put everything on hold?” His arm hovered closely to his stomach and his slight slurring of speech revealed the nausea he had been trying to hide. 

Firmly the brunette mechanic returned, “No, not exactly. You and I both know, that you are too sick to be going anywhere. You just need a brief delay of involvement.”

"Bu…bu…but.. Bon," Michael started in protest before hunching over in pain and gagging. 

"But nothing Michael! You are ordered to rest. K.i.t.t. don’t you open that door for him at all. Is that clear?!" Bonnie demanded of the sleek black trans-am. 

Kitt’s scanner whirred to life with a red flash and he answered, “as you wish Bonnie. I am detecting that Michael is running a high fever. Might I suggest, you give him something to lower his temperature.” 

"Come on Mr. Knight, you are my patient now. Hey, I saw that look in your eyes and I’m telling you right now, no funny stuff.” She warned, wondering what kind of idea the man was brewing in order to emit that bright and teasing sparkle in his eyes.  Quickly, she dismissed the fruitless pursuit of plausible causes and returned to tending to Michael.

 Noticing that Michael was about to speak Bonnie quickly interjected, “Don’t you even try to talk your way out of this one.” Then taking the ill co-worker by the arm she preceded to escort him out of the semi and into the mansion.

Typically, Bonnie made it a point to refrain from any physical contact with the charmer. She had this unspoken fear that he’d someday find someone prettier, smarter, or more talented than her. Then he’d cast his million-mega watt smile at her, wave goodbye, and drive off, leaving her behind in a cloud of dust to collect the broken fragments of her heart. But considering how horrible he looked, she decided contact was necessary. Especially, since she knew Michael didn’t like to obey most orders, due to the terrible effects of a tiny disease called “selective hearing”. Bonnie would never allow Michael to risk his life knowing that his guard had been weakened by an infliction.

 As they slowly walked through the halls of the cozy mansion, Bonnie noted a souring in his facial expression.

Suddenly, Michael grumbled loudly, “Bonn—-ieeeee….. I….I don’t…..feel….so…” before leaning heavy upon his co-worker for a moment.  

"Michael, hang on…." she huffed trying to quickly sync their steps and adjust to the addition of his weight, so that she wouldn’t drop him face flat on the Foundation’s floor.  

Then with a slightly brutish and surprising jilt Michael pulled away from her.

“Michael… what are you… doing?!” Bonnie started in surprise.

 His back turned towards the mechanic, in a feeble attempt to hide his misery from her.

Michael took another step forward and found himself proving Bonnie’s point all over the recently cleaned carpets. In response Bonnie found herself respectfully looking away, in order to give Michael a chance to collect himself and his slightly injured pride.