Chapter 2

Three more days until spring semester.
**Chantel in MM.**

____________________

"Ma! I'm going to the mall with Chantel." Jasmine yells as she goes to the front door.

"Don't be gone to late." Her mom told her.

Jasmine got inside the passgener side of her friends white Nissan Altima car. Black Beatles was playing inside the car.

"I love this song, but it is over played." Jasmine told Chantel.

"Nah. This song is the shit. I don't mind it being over played." Chantel said as she turns up the radio.

"I have a budget. I'm not going over one hundred dollars."

Chantel look at Jasmine like she is crazy. "Girl one hundred dollars."

"Yes, I said one hundred dollars."

Chantel laugh at her friend. "Girl what is so funny?" Jasmine ask her friend. "Nothing, I'm shock because you own your own bakery so I thought you had it like that." Chantel said fanning her away.

Jasmine hates that trait of Chantel which is her smart ass mouth. Jasmine look out the window for a while to calm down and then she turn to Chantel to speak her mind. "I'm the one who pays for my own bakery rent, water bill, electrical bill, supplies, you name it. My parents don't help with the bills with my bakery, I DO!"

"Aight Jas you don't have to act so hostile." Chantel said rolling her hazel eyes.

Jasmine let out a loud sigh. She had to say that to Chantel because she always thinks Jasmine have it like that and that is not true. Jasmine works hard for every penny she gets.

It was quiet for a while after the altercation until Chantel decides to break the tension. "How are you going to run your bakery since you are starting college?" She turns her steering wheel to make a right turn.

"I'm making Vicky take in charge for me on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I will check up on her from time to time to see how she is doing."

"Is she the only person you hire for your bakery?" Chantel ask.

"Nope. I have these other two girls. But I thought about hiring maybe three more people."

"Really?! When? Because I have a cousin who needs a job."

"Maybe around next summer. I don't know I have to see. But does she knows how to bake?"

"Yeah she knows how to. She sells some of her things on Instagram." Chantel said as she looks through the rear window to back into the parking space.

Jasmine stretch her body as she came outside the car. "Jas I forgot to tell you something?"

"What?"

"Since I work at Forever 21, I can hook you up with some discounts. Here."

She gave her a forty percent off discount coupon from her purse.