Chapter 3

"Too expensive."

Joy suppressed the urge to look at the devil behind her and yell at him. She went outside Castilla Villa to roam around the souvenir shops without telling her friends, afraid that Wacky will follow her. And when she thought that she had already escaped from him and drowning herself on the latest fashions, she almost jump in surprise when the guy appeared in front of her, reminding her she doesn't need it.

She heard that sentence from him countless times. And it started to piss her off big time. Why did her Daddy give Wacky her money to manage? Every time that she would pick an item that looks beautiful in her eyes, he would either say it was expensive or he would tell that she already has it or she doesn't need it.

"I know. Just appreciating the beautiful design," she replied before pulling away from the well-knitted bracelet. "And don't worry. I won't buy it, so you can have your peace of mind."

For the past three days, her friends seemed to grow fond of him. Although, she noticed that he was still reserved and seldom talked when the rest of the gang were around. Among all of them, she also noticed that Daniel was the one close to him. The two even started to bond as brothers.

Daniel was the epitome of a miser. Since they were kids, he would buy the cheapest things. He would settle for the good bargains as much as possible. According to him, he's just being practical. And because of being like that, he has saved enough to buy his own car after working at a call center for two years. Now she wondered, could Wacky be the same as him? Well, she didn't know. She didn't care at all.

"Bad mood, huh?"

Joy ignored him and just started to walk. Seconds later, she felt his presence beside her. "Ignoring me, huh? Are you mad at me?"

She sighed before looking at him. "No, I'm not. I'm happy seeing you, following me around. This is actually my happy face." She kept a straight poker face.

"I didn't know that you had this sense of humor. But, it doesn't make sense at all. Can you try harder?"

She stopped her strong urge to punch Wacky and erase that playful smirk on his face. He could be the cause of her early death! Argh! "Can you get out of my face before I beat the hell out of you?"

Her friends didn't lend her cash because of him. She couldn't buy anything. He won't even let her buy anything she would want. Begging him to give her cash was the least thing she would do. She won't give him the satisfaction of insulting her.

Before he could say anything, she turned her back on him and walked as fast as she could. By then, the curly-haired boy was on her side again. "Hey! Get your hands off me!" she protested when he held her right hand and dragged her. To where? She didn't have the slightest idea.

"Where are we going?" She couldn't help but ask him, still walking as they passed some souvenir shops.

"Why did you leave by yourself?" Instead of answering, he asked in a monotone voice without looking at her direction.

Detourजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें