Arrogance.

Grass Ain't Greener - Chris Brown

I made my way to a small coffee shop that was about a block away. I kept getting stares from random people. It's not every day you see a girl with hickeys covering her neck with messy hair, no make up and walking with a limp. I don't even want to know what kind of thoughts are running through people's head, so I just ignore it.

I walked into the coffee shop and instantly made my way into the bathroom. I looked into the mirror and almost jumped. "Fuck me. I look like shit." I grabbed my hair and twisted it into a bun. I had to tie it up without using a rubber band, thank God for long hair. I turned on the faucet and splashed water onto my face. The pills were beginning to wear off and the pain was coming back. Just what I need.

"Rough night?" A pretty girl with blonde hair walked up to the sink, setting her designer bag onto the counter and washed her hands.

I nodded and breathed in. "Yeah," I said as a breathed out.

"Here." She began digging into her purse and pulled out a bottle of foundation and some concealer. "Face me." I did and she began putting the concealer on my neck then blended it in and topped it with foundation. She turned and tug into her bag again and pulled out some translucent powder and brushed it over my neck. "There you go, like it never happened."

I turned to face the mirror and my neck was back to normal. "Holy shit." I looked closer into the mirror. "You're a miracle worker."

She chuckled, revealing a perfect smile. "I guess you could say that." She returned her makeup to her purse and turned back to me. "I'm Morgan." She held out her hand, with the same perfect smile.

"Roselyn." I took her hand and shook it.

"That's a pretty name."

"Thank you." I smiled.

She turned to face the mirror making sure her makeup was still in place and ran her fingers through her hair. "Would you like to get some coffee?"

"Oh, um, I don't have any money. I left my wallet at home." Lies. You don't even have money.

"Oh, don't worry about that. I'll pay for you." She said smiling in the reflection of the mirror.

"Are you sure?"

She turned to face me, still smiling. Why does she smile so freaking much? "Absolutely." And with that, she grabbed her purse and exited the bathroom.

Alright...

I followed her out and told her what I wanted and sat down. Not too much longer she came back with a coffee in both hands and sat on in front of me. "Thank you."

"Anytime." There's another smile. I'm going to start counting her smiles. That's one. "So." She sat down and placed her purse on the ground between her and the wall. "Tell me a little about yourself, hun." Two.

"Oh. There isn't much to know, really." I'm a lame ass who is a maid for two douchebags. "I'm from New Jersey and moved here a couple years ago."

"Oh, that's nice." Three. "What do you do?"

"I work at home." I nodded slowly. I hate telling people I'm a maid. "What about you?"

"I work for Vogue." My eyes nearly fell out of my head. She must know the twins.

"Do you like working there?"

She doesn't smile at this. Instead, her focus drops to her coffee. She places her hand on the edge of the cup and traces it, her hand running in circles. But then she looks up at me. Four. Even though it is fake. "Yes." Lie. "It can be a bit overwhelming, but it has its advantages."