Chapter 1 "What are we?"

Title: “No need for angels”

    Well my name is Kristen. I live in Manhattan. A normal place to live obviously. My life was normal until I met a girl. I would soon had realized the changes, but for now let’s stick with her name. Sarah was her name she would say it to me in the future.

       I was on my way to the  train station when I saw something falling through the sky; it was her, still unaware of what she was I rushed to it as fast as I could, trying to catch that falling object. I was running behind it as it fell to me. Then it stopped right before my hands, hovering through my hands for seconds and then falling in towards me. As I held it I noticed it had a face, it was a woman; I thought to myself, she fell through the sky. Am I thinking right, is something wrong with me?

      I thought that to myself but I shook of fear, I felt an impending doom falling towards me, I could no longer think for myself. I had to run, nothing else remained on my brain but that, I couldn’t deny that I was scared. She slowly opened her eyes, accompanied by a yawn.

      I fell back as she stood up. Is she okay, is she hurt? Reminding myself of the fear that I felt I thought to myself that she wasn’t human. I ran and ran as fast as I could, my life felt in danger. My legs were heavy, five blocks away from her I got. I then got cornered by seven men wearing suits, I tackled one of them and then ran into an alley. Then a hand with scales reached me then it punched me several times as I blacked out in that alley way. Were and when would I wake up, still couldn’t figure that out. Even though my life was threatened before I felt at ease now, I felt that I was being saved. From something that was much bigger than Earth. Something ginormous bigger than all of us.

         A nuclear bomb hit the USA a few days later, I was informed that I was chosen. As a part of a survival mission that was planned by the National Defense Center. The plan consisted of carrying a number of individuals that were chosen by these mannequins that were thrown by an airplane from the sky. It was good and all but I knew no one, that was on that shelter. They instructed us to enter a few pods on the side of the arsenal. They shed a dim red light that covered the entire room. It was quiet, you could hear the voices of everyone in the room. Their breaths touched my neck, everyone was afraid.

        Sometime later they made us enter the pods and I was ecstatic to enter them. Personally I had no fear, it was all to help us; I thought that. Every time I doubted I just thought that it was for our safety.

-Was I being too optimistic?

       Whole family friends and future goals were destroyed, am I sure that I’m okay? I thought to myself that as I entered the pod. Then I entered the pod.

         Time passed and then the time to come out of the pod came. I was excited, all the time that I’d been stored there I felt nothing. I moved my arms up and then down stretching them as a sign of anticipation. I’d actually never strived for anything but this was different. I felt better invigorated with confidence, and with more knowledge.

   I opened my eyes, I was in a room covered with blood, dead people and the everlasting feeling of sorrow. Completely alone, except for the corpses of some people that I never knew. I was shocked the only thing I said was.

-what was that?

 “I then pierced my head with a bullet there was no need for me anymore”

                                         -AN END-