two

I laid back on the roof next to Grayson, staring up at the stars that dotted the night sky. "what would you do if I died" he questions. I shot up so fast I was lightheaded. "what the hell is the matter with you?" I asked. his eyes grew wide in fear and shock. "damn it was just a question" he mumbled under his breath. "a question that I don't want to be repeated. ever" I said. "but still. what would you do?" he asked again.

I laid down again. "I don't know. what would you do if it were me?" I pried. "well," he started off, "I'd be in shock at first. I wouldn't know what to say or do or even how to comprehend that. I mean my best friend being gone? forever? I don't know what I would even do honestly" he answered.

I nodded. "me either, so good thing we don't have to worry about that for awhile." I responded. he nodded. "not for a while" he repeated softly.

I shook my head, scoffing. "so much for a while huh bup?" I questioned no one in particular. Ethan walked into my room, not saying a word or giving me one of those pathetic smiles that I know I'm going to be getting all day today. he walked over and hugged me tight. "are you coming with me?" he asked. I nodded. "I'd rather not talk to my aunt for a little while." I said. "wanna go visit your mom? I know I'm not Grayson but I'm someone right?" he smiled lightly. I did the same. "if we leave now, we'll have about thirty minutes to stay and talk to her. after the funeral, we're going to go back to my house. I have to break the news to the fans. will you please help me?" he asked, his voice cracking at the end of the sentence.

I hugged him tight and I could feel his tears on my shoulders. I pulled away and wiped them off his face. I nodded and took his hand and walked down my stairs and outside to th- Ethan's truck. I opened the door and sat down on the cold leather seats. i smoothed out Gray's favorite dress of mine. it was for my homecoming dance that I didn't even want to go to. but guess who dragged me there anyways?

it was black and fitting, it suited my figure well and he just about fell to the ground when he saw me in it at the mall. i have everything on he told me to wear. the exact heels and ring. I always wore my silver ring with a rose encarved in it. but when I go back to his house I'm going to take his. I've actually tried it on before. it fits my left thumb, which is also the thumb that he always wore it on.

I sighed, looking out the window heading to my moms place. I wonder where grayson is going to get put. he said that if he died first, he wants to be put next to my mom.

"if I die first I want to be put next to Deila." he blurted out. I sighed. "Grayson, we just had this conversation. were going to live for a long time." "but life is full of unexpected twists and turns. you never know" he states. "why? why do you want to be put next to my mom?" I said. "because," he starts, "you want your two best friend to be together right? and when-" "if" I corrected him, raising an eyebrow. "if, I die soon, then you won't have to go to two different places when you miss us. and your mom and I can talk about everything we didn't have a chance to tell her when we're there" he finished.

my eyes were glassy, but it was pitch black, so Gray didn't see. I put my head on his shoulder. "if you died, I wouldn't be in shock. I'd be sad and mad. I'd want to find the thing or person that killed you and yell at them. I'd tell them all the good things that we did together and all the happiness that you've brought me. I'd want them to feel guilty for their entire life. and then I'd go to your room and sit on your bed and overthink. think about how nobody knew that it was the last time walking out of your room. or spending too much time on your hair." he laughed quietly.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. it was Ethan. "we're here" he said. I looked up and we were at the graveyard.

---

this was going to be really short, but I made it longer :) I hope y'all are liking the story so far, cause I am.

-K