Pig in a Pork

I woke up to an Asia song, fumbling to my left to turn off the loud radio. Another day...
I have become so bored. So tired of people treating me like some kind of freak.
     I get out of bed, reaching for my cane. Counting steps to my bathroom, the closet, then doorway. Stairs. 1, 2, 3, 4... All the way to my favorite restaurant, Hot Damn Ham. I ordered my coffee and listened to the world around me, as I usually do this time of day.

"Believe me, I wanna find her as bad as you do. But in the meantime, we have this," A deep, but soft voice said, hushed. I heard the rustling of papers.
"Alright, so this professor..." Another voice chimed in. This one was deeper, more harsh and solid.

"Dexter Hasselback. He was passing through town last week when he vanished," The first voice said.

"Last known location?" The second questions. I found his voice so intriguing. So scarred, healed, untrusting. And yet somehow, still so deep and layered. Their conversation continued, cutting into my thoughts.

"His daughter says he was on his way to visit the Brower County Mystery Spot," The first voice continues. I hear the paper crumpling again.

"Where the laws of physics have no meaning?" The second voice asks. I guessed he was looking at some type of brochure.

I realized how rude it would if they could read my mind. Here I was, just listening in in their conversation, after all. It's about time I head home anyway, so I decidedly begin walking toward the door. 1, 2, 3– "Uagh!" I yelp as I fall. My coffee seems to have a mind of its own, springing out of my hand and onto-

"Great." I hear a chuckle from the man with the nice voice.

"Omy! I am so, so sorry! Completely my fault, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going.."

"Hey, hey, it's okay." I could hear his grin. I couldn't seem to find a way up from the very hot, sticky floor.

"Let me help you up." He said, pulling my hand gently. I grabbed on his shoulder. Through his impossible thick coat, I could feel the bulk of his arm. I nearly fell back down again from surprise. What a muscle!

"Well, thanks for helping me up." I say politely. "I should get going. Sorry, again." I say. I crouch down, patting the floor with my hand until I find my cane. As I wrap my hand around it, my left hand suddenly is in a hot sticky puddle. Coffee. Great. I feel hairs sticking up on the back of my neck. Of course they are watching me. I must look like an idiot.

I stand up quickly. "Sorry. Um. Okay. Bye." I can hear the waitress's heels as she walks toward the door, and the jingle of the bells that alarms the place that someone wants to be served. I follow the noise, not bumping into anything else, luckily.

Hello again Lovelies!! Thanks for reading my fanfiction! Gotta love dem soops, am I right? Okay, remind me not to ever say that again.

Like, vote, and comment for a free virtual hug! (You can also enjoy some free virtual hot chocolate:) But neither of those ARE actually free because you have to vote, like, or comment in order to have.

I'm babbling again. Hope you enjoyed the story!

—Namelesss