Saving People, Hunting Things

I had decided I was going to follow them. They didn't know who they were dealing with.

I followed, not closely, the sound of an old car, impala, maybe. I walked, patting my cane ever so softly. From all the way back here in a review mirror, I'd be just a speck.  I took a gun out of my boots.

The car turned into an alley way. I heard quiet closing of doors to it. They had seen me. I went the back way, ever so quietly. It would be whoever could pull their gun out fastest.
I turned quickly into the alley.

"Kayla?" I heard a few steps, which stopped the minute I pointed my gun. That was Dean's voice, and now I knew his location. Sam, speak...

"What do you want?" I heard him say. My gun point switched to him, as he was further away.

"To warn you."

"With a gun?"

"You would've shot me on sight! And plus, I couldn't risk going into a dark alley without a cocked gun."

"What. Do. You. Want."Sam said again, full of force.

"Gabriel isn't a full trickster. He is an archangel too. And he is gonna kill Dean, for real, if you try to fight him."

"What?" Dean asked.

"How do you know all this?" Sam said, ignoring Dean.

"I'm a hunter. Have been since I was four. This-" I said, pointing to my eyes, "Isn't from a car crash."

"I know what's gonna happen if you go in there! He wants to kill you, he killed that man, as if he was snapping his fingers in your face, basically shouting "I'm here, I'm here!" You were too busy worrying about Lilith, which you idiots released, that you haven't been paying much attention to right now! You're going to get yourselves killed."

"What do you care?" Dean said.

"I thought I was the last. So many had died, I really did. But then I heard about the gates opening, and there was no way any regular person could've done that. So I shopped around. Found out who you were. Called in a few favors. I plan on keeping you two alive, and damn, it's been hard."

"Can you just skip your life story and tell us what the hell you're doing here?" Sam interrupted.

"I literally just did. I'm protecting you." I finished by putting my gun back in my boot.

Sam and Dean both seemed to believe me, and put their guns away too. Thank god, because they are probably, definitely, a better shot then me. I feel the tension between us soften.

"So, if you are here to protect us, why does Dean keep dying?" Sam asks me.

"It's some type of-" my reply was cut off by Dean. A very confused Dean.

"WHAT?!" Dean half asked, have yelled.

"Never mind Dean." Sam sighed.

"Anyway, Sam, it's some type of illusion, of sorts. For the rest of the world, it's like on Friday in like a month, but for you...It's still that Tuesday. And it's not the mystery spot's fault. There's a visitor, in your mind. And in his too."

"Then how do you know about it?"

"I like to think I know his tricks."