That One Day You Feel Like Utter Crap #HolidayEdition (DEC2016)

"Crap

"Crap." I muttered, hunching down on my hands and knees with my body halfway out the elevator to pick up the rolling fruits and buns.

Gravity had probably decided that it'd be fun to pick on poor Bella right now, because all of my grocery had magically squeezed out of a hole that I swear hadn't been there 10 seconds ago.

Guess once life spirals down, it'd keep spiraling down.

God, I sounded dramatic.

"Stupid hair." I muttered annoyedly a while later with a huff, finding any reason to be irritated at the simplest thing.

I hitched the heavy ripped brown bag up and grappled for the handle of my suitcase, pulling it with a jerk towards the door of my rented apartment.

Why was I pulling a big red suitcase with presents and others inside, you ask?

I wasn't Santa if that's what you were thinking.

The answer,  my imaginary listeners, was a story. A story you'll all love, no doubt. Because what else do we enjoy more than hearing a tale of others misery and misfortune, hmm?

God, I'm sarcastic even to the voices in my head. What a surprise.

But we'll get to that part later.

The sight of my familiar oak door lifted a little weight off my shoulders, pumping my legs with determination to reach the destination that was my bed.

There was only one teensy tiny complication standing in between me and the comfort of my sheets now.

How to get my keys from the dark abyss that was my suitcase without looking like a creepy homeless hobo in the middle of the hallway.

I bit my lip in contemplation for a minute before coming to a decision that was, "Screw it."

I dumped by handbag and grocery on the floor and unlocked the many security I had on my suitcase and unzipped it. Throwing up the upper case against the wall, I pushed away strands of fallen hair from my face before diving into the pile of dirty laundry only Mom knew how to wash, fresh outfits, and...others.

After rummaging through my trash of the semester for half and hour - in which I had greeted two passerby with a salute and a 'wassup' - my fingers finally hooked around the loop of my keys.

"Yes!" I exclaimed, finally happy about something and used the wall to help me up. I pushed one of the keys in and turned it, but it wouldn't budge. Only after literally trying to break the door down did I realize I had stupidly put in the wrong key.