Uncharted Waters

🏹Roy Harper POV🏹

I was meeting Laurel at her work function. Her firm rented this huge house and it made me feel a little uncomfortable. This wasn't really my scene. Tuxedos, champagne and winding staircases belonged to the people I grew up hating. After I met Thea and Oliver I learned the rich scene isn't always so glamorous. Laurel isn't rich but her sophisticated job sticks her in the same circles. I'm at the bottom of the stairs pulling on this stupid sleeve cuff, it keeps folding in on me, when I looked up and saw the familiar face. Laurel came down the stairs in a short sleeve black dress that comes just below her knees and has a bow on her left shoulder. She looks stunning!

"You look beautiful."

"Thank you." She said, hitting the bottom of the stairs.

"You look rather handsome." She said while fixing my sleeve.

Oh sure, it stays folded down for her!

"Thanks." I replied.

She took my arm. "We should stay away from the open bar but there's dancing and food."

"I'm good with food."

She laughed pulling me into the party with her.

🐤Laurel Lance POV🐤

I'm thankful Roy agreed to come to this party with me. I know it's not the most exciting scene but it helps me look better to my bosses for some reason.

"Laurel!"

Speaking of... I turned around.

"Mr. Jones."

Mr. Jones started to shake hands with Roy.

"This is Roy, Roy this is my boss."

"Nice to meet you sir."

"You too. Laurel, it's nice to see you brought someone. You should bid on something."

I had hoped that wouldn't come up. All the bids here are ridiculously expensive and I'm not exactly sitting on a pot of gold over here.

"Way ahead of you." Roy said as he wrapped his arm around me. "We just put in for the Dodge Challenger."

We did?

"Oh. Well good luck you two." He walked off.

I looked up at Roy confused. "You can't afford a Challenger?"

"You don't know everything about me."

"Although I appreciate the smile. Seriously, how could you even afford something like that?"

"You appreciate my smile?"

"I said gesture."

"No you didn't."

Yes I did.

He sighed. "I learned to save when Thea hired me as a manager at Verdant."

"Oh." I waited. "How much did you bid?"

"Wouldn't you like to know."

Yes I would, but he's walking away from me. With that stupid, stupid smile on his face.

-----------

The auction went well. Really well if you're Roy and get to drive home in a brand new, bright red Challenger. Yep, he won. How? I have no idea but I did appreciate the surprised look on all those stuck up rich peoples faces when a 'street rat' like Roy walked up to get his new keys. Altogether, the night was much more enjoyable with Roy by my side. He made every moment lighter and tried to get me to laugh at the most inconvenient times. He even offered to give me a ride home in his hot new car, which I could not pass up.