Don't be fooled

What once was sweet has turned bitter. The beginning was something beautiful that I thought would last until the end of our time, but what starts as something beautiful twists into something horrendous. I never thought this could turn into something other than what it was, love. That is what I saw, or what I was forced to see.

Such care, such love, such beauty, all the things I saw in what I had. It was like something from a fairy tale, maybe that's because that is exactly what it was. It was never anything more than a fairy tale, a lie a trick, there to deceive me.

The first time it happened he swore it was the last, he swore he'd never do it again, and I believed him. After that things were great, the gifts, the affection, the time we spent together. Everything was great but all good things come to an end. The next time it happened he swore it was an accident he lost control but he swore it would never happen again, and I believed him.

Things were even better after that everything had doubled he gave me more love and affection that I could ever dream of. He kept buying me gifts no matter how many times I told him he did not have to. As always the next part of the growing pattern happened. The third time struck and it was worse than before.

This pattern continued on and on until one day it couldn't. I don't know why I kept believing that he would change, that he actually loved me, that when he said it was the last time he meant it. I don't know what I was thinking. Was I afraid of leaving, or was I blinded by what I thought was love?

This whole time I thought he was a fool, but oh how I was wrong. He's not the fool... I am.

Because of this foolishness of mine I lost everything. I had to pay the ultimate price for what? False love that was based on the lie I'll never hurt you again. Let my life serve as an example. Don't be fooled like I was don't believe the lies, there will always be a next time.