The Blue Butterfly

I sat on the window ledge of the royal ballroom which was completley empty,  gazing out at the iridescent view of Camelot beneath me

I sat on the window ledge of the royal ballroom which was completley empty,  gazing out at the iridescent view of Camelot beneath me. The smell of scrumptious spices mixed with herbs and all sort of fruits and vegetables drifted up towards me. It was beautiful. My parents spent years rebuliding this beautiful kingdom, undoing the trublesome past and rewriting a new story upon Camelot's gates. As I sat obedientley observing the view a beautiful blue butterfly flew past the window and landed on a cherry blossom tree. I opened the window to reach out at touch it but feared it might be scared away. I quickly pulled by hand back then slowly closed the window to show it I meant no harm. A warm and soft hand placed itself upon my shoulder. I turned around to see my mother, Queen Agatha of Camelot. She smiled than sat down on the window ledge beside me, Reaper mewing in her lap.

"Beautiful isn't it? Such lovely creatures.."

"Yes I love this particular species."

"There called Violet Darcies...." she told me.

"Wow, what a posh and mystical name."

"They're very shy and often hostile creatures aswell.. real nippers."

"Strange... I hardly ever see them on castle grounds."

"Because they're at the School for Evil.."

"School for Evil?"

"Yes."

"What would such beautiful creatures be doing there?"

"You'll find out soon...anyways, are you excited?"

"For what?"

"Vanessa! As of tomorrow you are Princess Vanessa Camelot in the School for Good."

"School for Good... I remember." I closed my eyes and smiled.

"Reminds me of the time I was a pupil at the School for Girls..." she breathed.

I snapped my eyes open.

"What?" I enquired.

Mother placed her hand on my cheek:"Please do use your manners Vanessa."

I sighed. "Yes mother, so please! Tell me. What is the School for Girls?"

"You'll find out in a few days tim-" she cut short in the middle of her sentence as my dad entered the room.

"Vanessa! Agatha!" He grinned.

My mother stood up and dusted her gown:"For the hundredth time Tedros! How many time's have I fixed your crown today?"

She smoothed his hair then placed the crown up right on his head.

"Father has a knack for tipping things over doesn't he mother?" I commented as father turned bright red.

"I'm telling you!" he complained."It was the right way round this morning."