太芥

"Are you really that tired already?"
Dazai smiled at Akutagawa while he held his hand to drag him along.

"It's 10PM and we've been here all day!"
The younger male complained, walking up to be right next to the brunette.
"And in contrast to you my work schedule didn't let me sleep much."

"So you stayed awake only for me?"
He pulled the raven haired male closer, kissing him on his soft lips.
He couldn't help but start smiling into it.
"How kind of you."

Two members of different organisations who are meant to be opponents have fallen in love and that nobody noticed anything seemed like a dream, a simple illusion.
Everything was too perfect to stay like that and so they didn't know that their relationship is meant to shatter apart soon.

------ one week ago -----

"Falling in love with a member of a opponent organisation."
Mori folded his hands, carefully placing his chin on them as a sadistic grin appeared on his lips.
"How foolish of him to believe we wouldn't notice."

"What do you plan to do, boss?"
The ginger asked, his expression as cold as his voice.
"Should we kill them? They're a too big risk."

"No need to do that"
The Port Mafia boss said as he tilted his head to look at the little blond girl who drew something on the ground with wax crayons.

"Shattering their hearts and let them break up should be enough."
Elise said with a big smile on her face as she pointed at the drawing of a shattered heart on the ground.

"How do you plan to do that then?"
Chuuya asked, slightly tilting his head as his expression got less cold but still serious.

"That's easier than you think, Chuuya."
He glanced at the small male out of the corners of his eyes.
"We only need to know where they'll meet next and a few man. That's all."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dazai tucked his right hand in the dark hair of the younger male.
He looked deep into the soul devouring black eyes of the other.
He leaned forwards to place another kiss on the other's lips as a bullet landed right next to him.

The brunette startled, jumping to the side before another bullet shot right next to his head.
Missing it by only a few centimeters.

Therfore Akutagawa wasn't under attacker after all.
After other shots fell which the brunette barley managed to dodge he accidentally stepped on a smoke bomb, activating it while doing so.

Meanwhile the younger male stuck in confusion.
Everything seemed to happen so fast, he didn't know what's going on.

Then there was another shot, closer to them coming from Dazai's direction.
But the skinny male couldn't see anything through the smoke.

"Don't try to assassinate me in such a foolish way."
Were the words connected with another shot which broke the short whiling silence.

The bullet shot right next to Akutagawa's head, letting him feel the atmospheric pressure.
Following was a short painful scream before the sound of a body dropping from a high place to the ground.

"I see how it is."
The brunette said as he walked out of the smokescreen towards the raven haired male, dropping the gun he stole from an assassin as he stood a few metres in front of him.
"The traitor got betrayed."

In that moment the Akutagawa finally realized what's going on.
The Port Mafia found out about their relationship.
It was a surprise attack, not meant to kill them.
Therefore it was way too simple and easy to stop.
It was meant to make them break up, not attacking the mafia member but directing every shoot at Dazai to let him think everything was just a facade to bait him into that trap.