My Partner

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Chuuya grimaced to himself, shoving his hands into the pockets of his pants as the walked in the darkening scenery of the city. Luckily, this part of town was abandoned for the most part. Avoiding cops and whatnot was fairly easy, especially since there weren't any around.
He sighed and began recalling the earlier events of the day; nothing much out of the ordinary besides a simple task directly provided by the Port Mafia. Business and such, he supposed. It /was/ rather boring to say the least. The same conclusion to a somewhat different job.
With a dwindling interest, he glanced at the brown haired male walking alongside him, instantly spotting a content grin distinctly plastered on his lips.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"What the fuck are you smiling for?" he hissed, his blue oculars narrowing in plain disgust.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Ah~ nothing," Dazai responded with a singsong tone lacing the end of his words, the sentence practically rolling from his tongue. He returned the gaze to his subordinate, his grin only growing wider as, for a few moments, he studied the redhead. "You know, you should calm down every once and awhile." he began, "All that anger isn't good for someone of your height," he teased, watching as he could practically see the irritation manifest in the others expression.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Maybe you should mind your own business," Chuuya replied with a huff, turning the corner of a four-way crossing with his partner at his side.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Now that wouldn't be fun, would it?" Dazai inquired, following Chuuya as he rounded the corner.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"I only work with you because-"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Because what? You can't control your own ability? I know."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Fuck (me) off." Chuuya groaned, picking up his pace and gaining a few feet of distance between him and the taller male.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"I'm stuck with you too." Dazai cupped his hands around his mouth, raising his voice as he called out to (the angry midget) Chuuya.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
He instantly stopped, turning on his heels to face the brunette who was once behind him. "Well I don't need to work with you, just to let you know. If I had a choice I'd leave."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Then why don't you?" he sneered, calling the mans empty bluffs. Chuuya couldn't, or more likely wouldn't leave him. Without him, Chuuya's imperfect ability would't be as appealing to the port mafia as it is now, now would it?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"The hell I would," he huffed, crossing his arms at the base of his chest, his blue oculars drifting towards the cracked cement beneath him. "but I need you around, so," he began, reluctantly continuing after a short pause "I can't," he muttered in a somewhat hoarse whisper, a hint of red now tinting his pale skin as he continued unmoving upon the sidewalk.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Dazai, now overcome with a type of smug attitude, hurried towards the smaller, enveloping him in a tight, spontaneous hug. Within an instant, Dazai leaned near the redheads ear, his warm breath now hiting the others fair skin. "I knew you needed me-"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Shut up."