Chapter 27: Through The Dark

Harry's POV

We were all sitting backstage, anticipating tonight's performance. I looked up from the ground, hearing giggling coming closer. "Niall! Liam!! Stop!!" Amber came running away from the two lads who seemed to be chasing her.

She came running over to me, hiding behind me and grabbing the bottom of my shirt tightly. Of course, being stubborn, Amber didn't change out of my shirt, she kept it on. I didn't mind, she didn't really care what she was wearing at concerts. I turned my attention to the lads approaching. My jaw clenched and my arms crossed as they neared. What did they do to her now?

"May I help you?" The both of them glanced at each other and then back to me, gulping. "We were just chasing her." Liam shrugged, glancing at Amber. "Not just chasing, trying to tickle me." She spoke up from behind me. No one tickles what belongs to me. I divert my eyes back to the lads. "Don't tickle her. She my girl, and she doesn't like to be tickled." They nodded in response, and I dismissed them.

Amber came out from behind me and looked up at me with her sweet brown eyes. My jaw was still clenched and my arms were still tight. Her small hands reached up to my face and gently stroked my cheek down to my jaw. My face just softened at the touch, and I gave in to nudge her hand in between my shoulder and cheek. She moved her delicate touch to my tight arms, prying them apart so they go to my sides. Taking a step closer to me, she strokes my bicep, which I know she takes appreciation for. I give in to the feeling she gives me and wrap my arms gently around her waist.

She stood on her tippy toes and grazed her lips upon my ear, "Thank you baby." She goes to move away but I hold her there. I pull her so our noses are brushing. A giggle escapes her lips before mine are placed on them. Her scent soon consumes me, smelling of sweet vanilla and lilies. She pulls away with her beautiful smile grazing her cheeks.

"Oi Haz! Shows going to start!" Louis ran up to us and pulled Amber over to Adam. Once he took her out of my sight, Louis came back. "Ready mate?" I shoot a sly smile, "Along as Amber's in front row, I am." He shakes his head and laughs at me as we make our way to the others.

Amber's POV

The boys ran on stage a few moments as I was brought front row, under Adam's watchful eye. I learned more about him, he's got a lovely wife, big house, and two beautiful baby boys. He's very nice, and thinks me and Harry are adorable. Speaking of Harry, I brought him a sign. When I saw those curls come bouncing towards center stage, in front of me, I held it up high. On the sign it said, 'I'm in love with the curly one!'. He gave me a wink as I set it down, and I blew him a kiss.

"This one is called Through The Dark, we hope you like it!!" Liam was a shy boy, but certainly not on stage, he gets loud! Niall started playing a soft tune on his guitar as the words were flowing out of Liam's mouth.

You tell me that you're sad and lost your way

You tell me that your tears are here to stay

But I know that you're only hiding

And I just wanna see you

You tell me that you're hurt and you're in pain

And I can see your head is held in shame,

But I just want to see you smile again

See you smile again

But don't burn out

Even if you scream and shout

It'll come back to you

And I'll be here for you

Oh I will carry you over fire and water for your love

And I will hold you closer