Chapter 9: Asher

Elijah's POV
"I need to get ready for school" I whisper to Max. He didn't respond, but just nodded. I sigh, picking myself off the bed and going over to the workout room. Last night I made the choice to stay with Max instead of going to the fight, we both stayed up till 3 Am talking and I later fell asleep in the guest bedroom, making me extra tired today.
Anyways after getting ready, I drive to school. Luke was waiting at my locker as usual, so I walked up to him.
"I thought you were going to the fight last night?" He says quietly.
"Something came up" I tell him, he nods not bothering to ask about the situation.
"You know what, I think I'm gonna skip today... I stayed up quite late last night" I tell him "you wanna come?"
"Nah, i need the attendance" he says, I nod and walk to the front doors of the school.
"Skipping?" I hear from the left of me. I look to see that kid Asher that I met in art class, leaning against the outside of the building.
"I-I'm s-s-sick " I say acting like a nerd, he pushes himself away from the wall.
"Don't seem very sick to me" he says looking me over, I shrug and continue to walk over to my hidden motorcycle, he follows.
"You caught me" I say not bothering to look at him.
"Mind if I skip with you?" He asks
"It's a free country" I say, dropping my nerdy act. When I finally reach my motorcycle I put the key in and turn it on.
"I don't have a helmet if that's what your waiting for" I tell him, he chuckles and climbs onto the back of the motorcycle.