~ Chapter 4 Austin ~

I took off in a mad run after I talked to Willow. I'm really stupid, if Demetrius finds out that I talked to her, he's going to be pissed.

"Stop right there Austin." Jackson's stern voice boomed through the air. Shit, I stopped and turned around and Jackson sped toward me and grabbed my arm hard. "Did you really think that you could escape without anyone knowing? And at this time."

I glanced toward the sky the sun was setting. I shrugged and flashed him a smile. He put even more pressure on my arm and made a fist with his free hand. "Its funny how hard you try not to like someone. I don't think you came here to get me, I think you came here to talk to her as well." I taunted him

Then he glanced at the ground before making eye contact. His bright blue eyes were filled with hatred as he glared at me. "Watch what you say I'm older than you."

I smiled "Do you not remember all the times that Willow and I would be together? She..."

Then Jackson covered up my mouth and hissed "Don't you even say anything about that. That was when we were human. Also Demetrius told us never to saw anything about Willow when we were younger." Then he released my arm

"You know Demetrius has been trying to make us forget the past, but I don't know why." I said

"The past is better forgotten." He hissed before he ran home. Then I took after him. What's so bad about the past? I questioned myself. Why couldn't we not live like we lived when we were 14? Life was perfect back then, back when Jackson and I were human. By the time I got home the sun had disappeared and the moon had arose. I ran to the side of the house that had my bedroom window and jump up to it and went inside. Demetrius was there with Jackson, he had a firm grip on Jackson's arm. He looked pissed.

"Why did you do such a foolish thing like going to see Willow?" Demetrius eyes were filled with hatred. "I thought you said you could handed going to the same school as Willow? Now i'm not even sure if I can let you go."

"I'm sorry Demetrius. I just had to blow off a little steam." I said staring at Jackson.

"I am also sorry, but as I said I was just going after Austin to make sure he wouldn't do anything stupid." Jackson narrowed his eyes at me.

Demetrius let go of Jackson's arm. "You may leave. I need to talk to Austin alone." And with that Jackson left closing the door behind him. "Austin I know it's hard for you to forget the past. I know how much Willow meant to you, but after you turned into a vampire you had to break up with her."

I stared at the ground thinking of Willow and I when we were younger. "Why did I change? Why couldn't I just stay normal? When you say different and not our type what do you mean?"

"Austin It's better if you didn't know. She does not even know what she is yet. Only me and her godparents know what she is going to be." Demetrius said quietly

"I need to know now! I can't just stay away from her if I don't know what to watch for." I said slamming my fist against the dresser. I glared at him then.

"Willow is a very powerful keeper, she is also part fey. She will have the ability to make people see what she wants them to see, glamor. We do not know what the other ability will have because her father would never tell or show anyone it." Demetrius had a confident look on his face.

I was speechless, if they knew this before I started to date her I am going to be pissed. "Did you know this before I started to date her?" I questioned trying to keep my voice low.

"No we did not know. After you broke up with her, she started to show little signs of being a keeper. Like having good balance which was not the case when you started to date her. Then we looked into her records and found out that her mother was a keeper, which changed everything that we knew about her. Austin I'm sorry, and it was the best that you changed into a vampire. The past was to hard on me and I needed a new start, we all needed a new start." His tone sent a shiver down my back. His eyes dulled into a dark grey. I could tell he was lost in thought.

I didn't know what to say, everything I knew about Willow has changed. For all I knew she could have been tricking me into seeing a beautiful girl, but she couldn't have I reminded myself, she doesn't even know what she is yet. I glanced up from the ground, Demetrius looked at me and then left without saying anything.

So I laid down on my bed thinking of willow and I when we were younger. The first memory that came to me was when I was taking her to her surprise. We were both walking, holding hands, laughing about how Jackson was going to be pissed if he found out I ditch him to hang out with Willow. At this time Jackson also liked Willow and who wouldn't have? She was very beautiful, smart, outgoing girl, who loved an adventure. Then when we were about to where her surprise was, Jackson showed up. I laughed at myself for thinking that Jackson wouldn't find out. He joked around with us, until we got to Willows surprise. We all three stared at the willow tree, amazed with its beauty. On the willow tree was the letter A and W with a big heart around it. I remember Willow gasping at the site, she was about as stunned as I was.

I felt a tear slowly move down my face. I wish Willow would remember this, but no, my dad, Demetrius erased her memory so she wouldn't remember any of this. Any of our memories, we shared so many, but she will never remember. As I started to fall asleep, I remember one last memory. One memory that I would never forget. Our promise.