Chapter three: Nice to meet you?

Isak was sitting in the lunch room with his friends, chatting as they ate. They got out of class early today for lunch and had the luxury to be the first to chose their meal from the cantine menu. 

Last years always get out first and takes what's best to eat which really sucks. No one wants to eat dry meatballs or cardboard pastas. 

''Can I borrow you Math homework?'' Jonas asked Magnus. The blonde hesitated. ''I just want to see if I did it right,'' Jonas explained.

Magnus snorted, not believing him at all. Jonas never do his Math homework, he always copies on Magnus. Why would he suddenly change? 

''To copy all my hard work? No fucking way. I stayed up till midnight to finish this one.'' 

''I'm not gonna do that!'' 

''You always do that, Jonas. I've known you since we're five years old.'' 

''That doesn't mean anything...'' Jonas trailed innocently.

Magnus scoffed, biting into his chicken sandwich. 

Knowing it was already lost with Magnus, Jonas turned to Isak. ''Hey, Isak. Can I compare my math homework with yours?'' 

The blonde shrugged. ''Yeah, sure but I wouldn't trust my answers, I'm the worst at Maths.''

''Don't care.'' Isak gave him a weird look before pulling out his Math homework from his bag. ''I didn't have time to do it last night. I was chatting with this really hot girl-'' 

''Knew it!'' Magnus cheered. 

Jonas rolled his eyes and ignored him. ''Like I was saying...''

Isak zoned out of the conversation as he looked up to see Even,  sitting with two guys that Isak assumed were last years too. The older boy was wearing a dark hoodie with a denim jacket on top which was a little weird since they were inside the school... Isak didn't focus too long on that, he was mostly preoccupied by observing and memorizing every inches of the tall blonde. 

Before Even, Isak didn't really look at guys. He didn't really look at girls either. But Even, he was- He was now staring right back at him and, oh shit. Isak looked down immediately before looking up again, more subtly this time. His cheeks went red when he saw Even was still staring at him.

 His cheeks went red when he saw Even was still staring at him

''Isak?'' Jonas said, pulling the boy from his bubble.

Isak hummed, giving his friends his full attention, tearing his eyes away from Even. 

''You'll be there, right?'' Magnus asked.

''Where?'' 

Magnus sighed in desperation. ''To Emma's party,'' he explained. ''Her parents are out of town this weekend, she invited everyone.''

Everyone? Does that means Even will be there? Not that Isak's obsessed with him, because he's really not. He did not dream about him later night, nope.