Chapter 13

"I don't like that man mommy" Angela said crawling onto her mothers lap
"That's okay, you don't have to like him" Angie said kissing the top of her daughter's head, she didn't exactly know how to respond, she didn't want to say that she doesn't like him either because she didn't want to deal with the questions that she couldn't answer, she didn't tell Angela much about her father, just that he didn't love her anymore. Angela didn't care for her father, she hated him for not loving her mom, she didn't understand how someone could be that cruel.

"How do you know that man mommy?"
"He's a distant relative of mine" Liz answered quickly knowing Angie couldn't come up with an answer, Angie smiled to say thank you and Liz returned the smile.

The girls returned home a few hours later and decided to get dinner ready, Carolyn and Angela were playing upstairs in Carolyn's room while Liz Julia and Angie got food ready.
"Don't take this the wrong way but I'm surprised you actually know how to cook, I mean you had willie for years" Angie said.
"I learnt when I was young with my mother, sometimes I enjoy it so I do it but sometimes I can't be bothered so I call Willie" Liz replied
"I just do what she tells me to do to be honest" Julia said, Liz rolled her eyes but laughed and Angelique smiled.

"What do you think of Barnabas?" Angela asked Carolyn.
"Um, I think he's a little weird, but he's a nice guy I guess"
"How come if my mommy and your mommy didn't like each other she was still friends with him?"
"Um" Carolyn didn't know how to answer the question, she couldn't exactly tell her that he's her father.
" dinners ready!" Liz shouted from downstairs.
"Thank god" Carolyn whispered, she was happy to be out of answering the question "come on" she said placing her hand out for Angela to take. The two walked down stairs and sat at the table.

Halfway through dinner there was a knock at the door, Liz sighed getting up to answer it.
"What are you doing here Barnabas?"
"I wanted to see Angela" he said pushing past Liz "hi Angela" he smiled, Angela grabbed onto Julia's hand. " I was thinking maybe you me and your mom can go out somewhere tomorrow?" Angela shook her head and pushed her self back into the chair more "aw how come?"
"I don't like you" she said
"Angela, that's not very nice" Angie said though she really didn't care if Angela liked him or not
"But I don't mommy!" She yelled before running upstairs, Angelique sighed following her.
"I think you should go" Liz told Barnabas
"Fine, but I will be back, my daughter is not going to hate me" Julia rolled her eyes, after he killed her she couldn't stand the man.

"Come on Ella, I know you don't like him and you don't have to, but you hurt his feelings when you said that" Angie picked up her sobbing daughter and placed her on her lap.
"Do we have to go out tomorrow?"
"No, of course not" Angie said wiping Angela's tears "let's go back down stairs and finish our dinner okay?" Angela nodded and took her mothers hand.
"Hey jelly bean, are you okay?" Julia asked, Angela nodded in response and sat back down next to her. For the rest of the night the girls talked and watched a movie, Angela had fallen asleep with her head on Liz's lap and legs on Julia's, while Angie slept on Liz's shoulder.