[24]

>>>>>

"Get inside the walls!" I shouted, ushering themass of panicking bodies back into the camp. Raven hobbled in leaning on Finn and another boy for support, grunting in pain. "Get her in the drop ship." I tell Finn, him nodding in understanding before leading her away.

I heave myself up on the guards ledge and point my rifle into the forest, scanning for any grounders while the doors were pushed shut, Bellamy quickly joining me. "Where are they? Why aren't they attacking?" he questioned as the forest remained completely still.

Pulling the rifle back, I sling it back around my shoulder. "Because we're doing exactly what they wanted us to do."

Bellamy looks at me confused, "What do you mean?"

I don't answer, instead, I nod my head at Clarke and Finn who were standing below us. "Clarke, you that Lincoln said the scouts would be the first to arrive, right?"

"If its just scouts we can fight our way out. Thats what Lincoln would do." Octavia argued, looking at me. She knew I wanted to be like Lincoln, and be able to fight, protect my people.

"We're done doing what that grounder would do." Bellamy said bitterly, jumping down from the ledge and standing next to his sister. "We tried it and now Drew is dead. You wanna be next?"

"That grounder saved our lives, I agree with Octavia, for all we know there's one scout out there." Finn defended, his heart set on the plan most of all.

"One scout with insanely good aim." Jasper piped up, his voice panicked. "Clarke, we can still do this." Octavia pleaded, looking at the blonde who stood next to Finn.

She paused for a moment, looking unsure of herself. "Sure it was my choice to leave, but what just happened proves how real this is going to be. One of us was just killed. I've already made my decision and so has Bellamy. Holland you need to decide. Leave...or stay and fight."

My eyes widened as everyone looked up to me, waiting for my decision. I flickered my gaze from Bellamy to the crowd waiting anxiously for the next instruction. "Looking at you princess, what's it gonna be? Run and get picked off out in the open or stand and fight back?" Bellamy questioned, hopefulness in his voice of my choice.

I can't just let my people die out there without even trying to fight. If we die, at least we died fighting and protecting out home. I jumped down from he ledge after scanning the forest once more. "Holland-"

"Finn, you and Clarke said it yourselves. Get out before the scouts get here - scouts, meaning more than one. Finn their already here." I say realistically before turing to Bellamy, whose eyes were focused on me. "Fighting is all we have left. If we don't fight, we don't survive." I state, Bellamy trying to hide a smirk in response to his win.

He gave me a look of reassurance almost saying that we were going to be okay before turning to the crowd before him. "Ok then! This is what we've been preparing for, kill them before they kill us! Gunners to your posts, use the tunnels to get in and out! From now on the gate stays closed." he commanded and I couldn't help but admire his leadership. My heart fluttered slightly, which I knew was inappropriate for the situation, but I couldn't help it. The things this boy makes me feel. I can only hope and pray that we make it out alive.

After Bellamy talked to Octavia she dashed into the tunnels following Jasper and Miller, Clarke walked up to both of us, a look of worry mixed with determination dancing across her features. "So how do we do this?"

>>>>>

"We've got 25 rifles with 20 rounds in each, give or take. Roughly 500 rounds of ammo. While you two were gone, we made some improvements. Thanks to Raven, the gully's mined."

Raven let out a pained sigh, "Partially mined, thanks to Murphy." she muttered.

"Still, its the main route in. If the grounders use it we'll know." Bellamy held up one of Raven's grenades. "She also built grenades."

"That's not many." Clarke stated noting the few grenades that were in the container.

I rolled my eyes, "Props to Murphy once again." I said sarcastically. Bellamy looked at Clarke in assurance, "We'll make em count. If the grounder make it through the front gate, guns and grenades should force them back."

"And then?"

"We close the doors and pray." Raven said simply. I furrowed my eyebrows slightly, surely there has to be something else that we can do not just sit and hope that the grounders don't think that we're home. Clarke must have been thinking the same thing because she looked at Raven in slight disbelief, "And pray what? That the ship keeps them out because it won't."

"Then lets not let them get through the gate." Bellamy stated before grabbing his radio and turning it on. There was a slight crackle, "All foxholes listen up. Keep your eyes and ears open. Inflict casualties - as many as possible. Hold them off long enough to make them turn back. Thats the plan."

"That's always your plan. Just like your bomb at the bridge." Finn stated. I leaned against the table, slightly annoyed while studying the little figures and debris used for the battle plan. My eyes focused on the metal box used for our drop ship.

"Damn right, you got a better idea?"

"It can't be that simple." I whispered, running a hand through my knotty hair. Finns words rang through my head as well as from our previous conversation earlier. Bomb. Fuel tanks. Drop ship. Then something clicked.

"You said there's fuel in those rockets, right? Enough to build a hundred bombs." I asked Raven hopefully.

"Yes, but we've got no gun powder left."

I shook my head and looked at her with a devious smirk, "I dont want to build a bomb - I want to blast off." At my words, Raven's eyes lit up as she understood my plan. "Draw them in close. Fire the rockets. A ring of fire."

"Barbecued grounders. I like it." Bellamy smirked, nodding in approval at my idea.

"Will it work?" Finn questioned.

"The wirings a mess down there but, yeah." Raven looked up at me, "You give me enough time, I'll cook 'em real good."

I looked up and Bellamy, "Lets go kill some grounders."

>>>>>