Chapter Six

Andrea continued staring out the window. Not that there was anything much to see besides the clouds but it was still better than meeting Dante's gaze. He just was just sitting relaxed in his seat, his hands on the arms of his chair and his eyes fixated on her. She couldn't tell why he had been staring at her like that for long now but she sure was so damn uncomfortable under his scrutinizing gaze. She felt the urge to snap at him slowly building in her which she had been doing her best to keep at bay but since he kept staring, she was almost at the verge of losing it. They were already two hours into the flight and she had done her best not to say a word to him after Bruno had come to call her out from the bathroom. Had he thought she was going to escape from the plane? How? With a parachute? Even if it were a parachute, she sure didn't know how to fly one.

Frustrated with having to endure his gaze, she turned her head now to meet his gaze then said to him. "Didn't your mama ever teach you not to stare?"

"Wrong idea, señorita, do not mention his mother in things such as that." Bruno said from his seat behind her.

Dante simply waved a dismissive hand. "Let her... only my wife is allowed the liberty of such to a particular extent as long as we are still married but after that, I don't wanna say what befalls any bitch you disrespects my Ma."

"We are not getting married!" She hissed at him, leaning out of her chair. "Not now, not ever! Get that into that thick skull of yours!"

"Then what do you think I'm? A fucking guardian angel who whisked you from your parents because I fancy the situation you got yourself into?"

"Apparently yes!"

He scoffed. "Besides owing your father a favour, you actually need to be reformed of your terrible ways. You just walked to the bathroom and four of my men complained of their wristwatches and wallets going missing. How exactly light are your fingers?"

"Well, I didn't take them!" She snapped in defence but it was feeble.

"Really?" He asked skeptically. "What did I say about cutting off your light fingers if you stole from me, Andrea?"

"I don't know why my father would hand me to such a hardened criminal like you?! You are not the slightest bit different from the man I witnessed killed his wife! You are a mafia lord and your crimes are terribly despicable, so speaking of Reformation, who actually needs it more between you and I?!"

"I'm a mafia lord quite alright." He said, unfazed. "I'm a man brought up in a Christian way by a catholic mother but I haven't set foot in a church since I was fourteen. I kill people, I'm a drug cartel, I deal with weapons in the black market and I own my own hotels, casinos and clubs where shady deals transpire but there's one thing I don't do- I definitely do not steal!"

"And does that make you any better than I'm?" She fired. "Your crimes are deplorable!"

"I'll take that as a compliment, for as a mafia lord, that's what makes me what I'm! Crimes, like you put it, but I'd rather call it business!"

"I'm not going to get caught up in your own world, I want out!" She gritted. "What ever made you think I'd want to marry you and end up in jail afterwards when the cops finally apprehends you?!"

"Look, we have been through this before, I don't want to marry you as much as you don't but as long as your father has handed you to me, I'm a man that never breaks a promise." He replied. "I hope this will be done soon and I'll be rid of you for good." She snorted, adjusted on her seat and turned to look out the window again. A small smile curved his lips then he said. "What? Tired of putting up a fight? You know you can't ignore me forever, Andrea... I'm a rather irresistible man who's hard to ignore. Bruno, didn't you tell her?"