Prologue!

He ran up the stairs as they drove back home. She followed him with exasperation. She had never seen him in that state, he was devastated, he seemed all wrecked.

With every step she took, she prayed for strength, she did not want this to end. It meant life for her. He had changed every aspect of her life. Her one mistake, she knew would cost a lot.

He opened the door and threw himself on the sofa. She ran inside throwing the bouquet he had got her when they initially met that evening.

"Baby, talk to me" she kneeled down.

He looked at her face with tears welling up.

"Just let it be," was all he could manage to say. He wanted to yell and scream at the top of his voice, but he couldn't do that, not to her.

"Look at me," she turned his head making him face her eye to eye. A tear drop rolled down her cheek, he held her face and wiped it off.

"Don't cry" he said and got up.

"I want to talk" she said.

"No. not a word," he said. "What are you trying to do? Buy me? I am sorry miss I-know-it-all but this time I ain't letting you do that. How easy was it? Did you ever realise what was at stake? Of course not!" He choked for breath trying to wipe his tears off.

"I can explain, but only if you let me do it," she trembled trying to hold his hand.

"Explain? From when did love need that? From when did we get into the zone of explaining?" He asked.

"I am sorry," she sobbed. Of course he could not see her cry. He moved closer to her. Lifted her chin up. Both looked into each others eyes as the tears went rolling down.

"I really loved you," he said placing his head on her shoulder.

"Honey, I too did. I still do," she held him by his shoulder.

"Not anymore. For what you said has left an impeccable mark inside," he moved back picking his jacket from the table.

"Listen to me once, before you want to do anything, please" she begged.

"Can you stop crying? You're only making this hard" he stood looking at her.

"I pray there shall be no day where I would see you ever, I have always been and I will always be in love with you. But this, is not going to happen," he moved out of the house as she stood frozen. Her mouth sealed. Words within waiting to come out, she could feel her heartbeat stop. The only man she had ever loved had left and it was all because of one step she took without thinking.