3

After a week I noticed that none of the girls wore trousers, and wondered why.   I hadn't talked to girls yet, only a few exchanges of essential information.  Of course, the girls' bathrooms had to be expanded, and also many of them needed help finding their way around the school.  

There was this one really shy girl in my class.  Her name was Angela, short pink-dyed hair (bob-style).  She wore big glasses with red frames, and looked kinda cute.  She tugged on my jumper once to call my attention, then asked me where the Computers Room was.  I didn't notice it then, but she was shaking.  Her smile shone brightly when she said "Thank you!" after I showed her where the room was.

The days went by slowly.  During break time I hang out with Dorin.  He is a year younger than me and about my height, with blond hair which he ties up in a man-bun.  Unlike me, he has many friends in his class.  He is sorta popular, and not scared to show his true colours at all times.  In this we are similar, which is probably why we are best friends.

Back inside, I sit beside Shane Joyce, a smart dude.  Our personalities are similar so we get along.  He tries to engage in conversation during class, but I try to persuade him to listen -- this way I won't have to study for a test, but still ace it.  

I take a break and scan the room: there is Angela, at the second row near the front.  It seems that she had been paying attention a while ago (there's some writing in her notes, but now she just doodles around the corners).  Behind her sits Darragh Ruane.  Smart, as well, but way too outspoken -- which can be good in situations where the truth HAS to be told and nobody else dares to speak up.  Beside Darragh Arturo and Katty whisper to each other in Spanish.  They arrived pretty recently, so adapting must be pretty tough so far.  They're always together, take the same classes and spend breaks on their own, even though some people have tried to approach them without much success.

Later the Biology teacher assigned us some group-homework.  I was paired up with Arturo, and before class was over I walked up and we exchanged our Facebook names.  I texted him first that night, and he was pretty cool, gamer and all.  We talked for a while about RPGs and then finished the homework.  

The next day we had to present a two-minute report about the homework in front of the class -- our topic was The Human Heart, valves and such, we only had to name them and point them out from a diagram on the screen.  His sister and Angela seemed to have become best friends overnight.  Their task was about the Cardiac Cycle -- which took about 5 minutes for them to explain.  They seemed to be constantly mixing up each other's parts, with giggles and (flirty?) glances in between.  Arturo just rolled his eyes and looked at me shaking his head with an embarrassed smile.  I chuckled a little and he chuckled back.

After class Arturo came up to me.  "So, Miłosz, is it?".  I was surprised that he did not mispronounce it, as people tend to do with an unusual name like mine.  
"Yes, ..Arturo?", I tried to confirm.  He nodded and continued, "We did a good job!".  
"Yeah, it wasn't complicated anyway", I replied.
"You're from Poland, right?", Katty asked me, catching up with her brother accompanied by Angela a few steps behind.
"Yes", I responded plainly.
She thought for a moment. "Do you miss it?", she asked, looking into my eyes sincerely.  I sighed and nodded. "You guys must miss your home too", I tried to empathise with them.  Katty looked down and smiled, but did not look happy.
"Now, now, princess~!", Angela tried to cheer her up with some tickles.  She giggled in response as the four of us walked out together for lunch.