Demi-Witch

You know when you feel as if your world is falling down? 

I felt that every. Single. Day. 

For as long as I could remember, I have grown up in this unforgiving place, known as the orphanage. The only lasting memory I have of any grown up, or parent, is a warm glow of a smile. Fire. I saw fire consuming me. 

Somehow, I was lucky enough to live, unlike my mother. People say that she died in the fire, that raged with a never ending fury. 

I don't believe one word.

"There was no fire!" I remember screaming as a little girl. But then again... where is my mother now? I never knew my dad. He left me and my mom before she died. My mom always denied it. She said he was never really gone.

But that was 12 years ago. Now I am 15, and was adopted by a friend of my mothers. Her name was Carmen Santio and she was married to John Santio. They had 3 kids, Ally, Justin, and Max. But here's the catch... we're all wizards. 

I had just graduated my fourth year at Hogwarts, but i'm not like all the other kids. Carmen always said "It's because your special."

"But how am I special, mommy?" I used to ask.

"Everyone is special, honey, but you... your even more special than the other kids. You have something they don't have."

"What, momma?"

"Your more than just an ordinary witch." and when she saw me opening my mouth to ask again, she held up her finger and said, "That is all I can tell you. If I say anymore, they will find you."

I never understood what that meant. But after a few years I understood.

When I was 6, Justin, who was 7 at the time ran of with one of my favorite toys and I got so angry... I didn't understand what really happened, but in the end he was lying on the floor soaked and i had my toy back.

When I was 9, a girl I met on the street started to say mean things about my black hair and my green eyes. I felt so hurt and angry after, I started to cry, but in that moment, a perfectly sunny day turned darker, and she got swept away by the wind, and ended up on the other side of town.

My brother and sisters all had accidents when they get angry or sad, but it is only like breaking a glass, or making people fall, never something like what I did. 

But lets cut to it. Basically i've had accidents that may have ended up with a few storm related injuries around school, but nothing compared to what happened this summer.