i. HOMICIDAL FATHERS

[CHAPTER ONE]
HOMICIDAL FATHERS

Every morning Avery Morgan followed the same routine, which involved making her siblings breakfast and getting them ready for school before getting herself ready

Every morning Avery Morgan followed the same routine, which involved making her siblings breakfast and getting them ready for school before getting herself ready. After that, they'd walk the five blocks to the Gallagher house and then walk to school with them. So, this morning was the same, just as she had expected. She made pancakes for breakfast, using the last of the pre-made batter before it had expired. Avery quickly made a mental note to go grocery shopping after school before jogging up the stairs to wake up Riley and Devin.

"breakfast in on the table" the strawberry-blonde said, leaning into their room. Devin let out a loud groan, rolling over on his bed, while Riley pulled the covers over her head. Avery smiled a little before strolling into their room, tickling their feet, "c'mon you two, go get it while it's hot"

Devin reluctantly rolled out of the bed, while Riley still resided underneath her comforter. This wasn't surprising because Devin was the more mature of the two. He did great in school, always helped around the house and never really complained about anything. Riley, on the other hand, was the more rebellious one. She always came up with a million excuses as to why she couldn't do her homework, or wash the dishes, or make her bed in the morning; but for being nine years old she was a good kid. She knew the difference between what was right and wrong and honestly Avery couldn't ask for any more.

Avery watched as Devin grabbed clothes from his dresser before walking out of the room. Riley slowly pushed the comforter off of her before looking over at her older sister, "do I really need to go to school today?"

"Yes, now c'mon" Avery nodded her head towards the door before picking up the empty glass on Devin's nightstand.

"But I'm so tired!" She complained, rubbing her eyes with the palms of her hands, "Missing one day won't be a big deal, please"

Avery shook her head, "you have a spelling test today, you can't miss it"

"d-i-a-g-r-a-m" Devin spelled walking back into the bedroom, throwing his pajamas in the hamper, "diagram"

"nicely done" Avery smiled, giving him a high five before turning towards the door, "I'm going to get dressed, you two better be eating breakfast when I'm done!" She told them before walking down the hallway, stopping in front of father's bedroom. The door was open, so she quickly reached in and grabbed the doorknob. A women was asleep in the same bed as my father, probably his slut of the week. Avery rolled her eyes before lightly shutting the door, not wanting to wake him. He hates getting woken up and besides it was too early to deal with his shit.

Hurriedly, Avery went to her room and changed into the outfit she picked out the night prior. After doing her hair and makeup, she skipped down the stairs and joined the twins in the kitchen. Both of their plates were stocked with pancakes, syrup and whipped cream, "ten minutes till we gotta go" Avery informed them, sitting down next to Riley who was stuffing her face.