Chapter 1 - Bien Joué! (Volpina Ending Different)

"Pound it!" the duo cried as they fist-bumped.

It was just like any other day. Ladybug and ChatNoir as usual had arrived on the scene and managed to purify another akuma. Ladybug turned to the Lila with a sympathetic expression on her face, as the girl was crouching on the Eiffel Tower beam, defeated.

"Listen Volpina," Ladybug said immediately, kneeling beside Lila. "I'm really sorry about what I did before,"

She gave her the the necklace which Lila snatched and got to her feet, an angry glare on her face. She hissed at the super heroine, her pistachio eyes glowing with hatred.

"You're right Ladybug. We'll never be friends." Lila said, pushing her hand away and getting to her feet.

"Fine! Be that way!" Ladybug snapped. "I'm trying to be nice to you and this is how you treat me, huh?" 

Lila was a bit surprised that the hero would act this way, so was ChatNoir, but she regained her angry mood and stormed away, cradling the fox necklace. ChatNoir was about to say something but he could tell Ladybug was too angry for any advice.

"But...Ladybug...wasn't that a bit-" Chat began, reaching out cautiously.

"Ugh! Just leave me alone Chat! We have to check on Adrien!" Ladybug cried angrily. "Why are you

Before saying anymore, she flung herself over the city with Chat grabbing the Eiffel Tower railing in worry.

"Ladybug...is something wrong?"

***

"On her period?" Adrien asked, as the two boys walked along the path to school.

"Well, this 'mystery girl'," Nino said, fingers in the air as quotes, "Is angry at YOU of all the people, then she's obviously on her period."

Adrien was way too embarrassed to ask what a period even was, but realised it had something to do with changing into an adult. He decided to keep it to himself and not to push the question even further and looked back at Nino.

"Hey Marinette, Hey Alya!" Nino called, waving at both of them.

"Hey!" Alya called, dragging Marinette with her arm.

Marinette looked disgusted and rolled her eyes.

"Hey guys." Marinette said, not interested, putting on a forced smile.

Nino sensed something was wrong and immediately pulled Alya to him.

"What's up with her?" Nino asked.

"She's been acting Chloé all day today!" Alya called. "It's kind of strange actually, she's acting all passive!" 

"Hmm..." Nino whispered sadly. "It's obvious there's something going on, she isn't even stuttering around Adrien!"

They dropped the conversation and headed back to class when they heard the bell ring. Adrien and Nino went on ahead and Alya and Marinette slow down. 

"Hey girl, guess what? A new Adrien model magazine came out!" Alya said, pulling out her phone. 

If there was anything that would make Marinette happy, it would be a picture of Adrien in a model pose.

"Pfft, whatever." Marinette scowled, giving Alya the cold shoulder.

"Marinette...are you okay, I mean, if there's anything wron-"

"Just shut up okay?" Marinette snapped back. "Ugh, you're worse than Chloé!"

Alya was deeply hurt and knew Marinette didn't usually act like this. She took a deep breath. On her period. Probably on her period, I'll give her some time, she'll be fit as a fiddle once again.