Two

Christmas Special!

Warning: LOTS OF FEELS AHEAD.

In which Scorpius finds a family within Albus' family, a while after his own mother's death

The snow was falling from the sky, covering the grounds around a busy wizarding neighborhood and on the buildings themselves. The sky was foggy and gray, clouded over so that no sun shone. Inside one certain house it smells of gingerbread and cinnamon. A Christmas tree is set up in the living room, beside a burning fireplace. There is a bowl of candy on the table that seems to not have been touched. Present flood the bottom of the tree. A woman is in the kitchen with her husband. Both are sitting at the table while pots, pans, and dishes float around and wash themselves in the sink. The man is reading a newspaper and the woman is chattering to him. She had long red hair and he has messy back hair, glasses, and a lightning shape scar on his forehead. These are Ginny Potter and Harry Potter.

Upstairs is the sound of loud nonchalant talking and playful squealing. James Sirius Potter is rubbing his little sister's head and she is playfully beating his arm, laughing loudly. James Sirius Potter has messy black hair and a playful grin on his face. Lily Luna Potter has red hair like her mother but seems to have kept her fierce personality.

In the other room, however, are two boys; one is sitting on the bed, staring out at the snow below the house. And the other is playing with a pure white ferret on the floor. The one on the bed has pure white hair and light grey eyes and the one with the pet has neat black hair and light green eyes. Scorpius Malfoy and Albus Severus Potter.

SCORPIUS: Thanks for asking your mother if I can stay for the holidays. I'm surprised dad even let me.

ALBUS: Yeah. No problem, Scor. I kind of thought your dad would be a bit more stuck up as well.

SCORPIUS: Mum told me he was a snob back in his Hogwarts days-but he seems-to be nicer now?

ALBUS: That's good!

SCORPIUS stops looking out the window and crawls over the side of the bed, laying on his stomach and watching his boyfriend play with the ferret.

SCORPIUS: Did you know my father was a ferret before?

ALBUS: Only about a million times. It's why Harry told me to get a ferret in fact; ferrets aren't even allowed at Hogwarts. He just wanted to make your dad mad.

SCORPIUS: I could tell. Ooh, the first day of Hogwarts was so funny-when my dad saw the ferret he fumed. But mum calmed him down. She had quite the way with him.

Albus shifts his foot uncomfortably at the mention of Scorpius' late mother. Astoria Greengrass had died from a sickness soon after Scorpius had started school. He knew his boyfriend wasn't quite comfortable talking about such a sensitive subject just yet. He decides to change the subject, seeing the crestfallen look on his face.

ALBUS: Scor, happy holiday eve.

SCORPIUS: Holiday eve? Oh. Happy holidays eve. I got you a present but you can't open it yet.

ALBUS: Ooh, a present? Can I see it? What is it?

SCORPIUS: It's under your tree. When I got here yesterday I hid it from you. Even your brother won't be able to find it.

Albus is quiet for a moment as he considers the options for the present before he continues talking with Scorpius. In the midst of their conversation they are interrupted by the door flinging open and a huge ball of snow flying in and whacking Albus directly in the face. He turns his head and looks angry for a moment before seeing Lily standing there, looking mischievous. Scorpius watches on.