Ash to Ash

They look up at me, fear and awe grasping their faces tightly. I hate them. Their fear, their ugly faces, and their putrid stares. The race of man has taken from my world everything, and they should fear me.

     I rise from the sea and I step unto the Japanese countryside crushing their homes underneath my feet, hoping they die screaming. I see a mother holding her child, keeping its face away from mine. She cries, and the child cries harder. They know that these are their final moments. With a mighty "Skreeoonk" I step around them, prolonging their suffering by letting them live in man's filth.

     The rain doesn't fall, it pours. Pounding on the world like an angry god trying to wash away the sins of man, but it won't wash out. It's ingrained in them. I see Tokyo crop up in the horizon and smile. 'Their world will burn and I will scatter the ashes.'

      I hear the whiz of airplanes flying across my ears like pesky flies. There is a moment of silence before the bombs hit. It doesn't hurt, at least not physically. It's just not something you get used to, the blasts bring me back to my birth. Or rebirth.

     I was simpler back then. Living my life on an island far from mans world, I was free from their filfth. Then one day the world exploded. An atom bomb dropped upon me, throwing me from where I stood and burning me and my world to ash. I think I died, but I can't be sure. All I know is that I grew and grew. The pain was unbearable and going back makes my skin crawl like it did then. My skin became hard and I couldn't feel anymore. Then my bones grew through the skin, leaving scars I still wear today.

      It was then on that day that I sought those who dropped that bomb on me, but all I knew was it's smell. I tracked the smell of nuclear radiation acrossed the seas and followed it until I arrived in Tokyo. That was the first time I saw their fear, the first time my foot found itself over their homes ready to stomp.

     Their military tried to stop me, but their weapons weren't strong enough to pierce my hide. They set up great fences and I burned them down. Everything they tried I was ahead of them a thousand paces.

      That was many, many years ago. I still crush them for revenge, but they have one thing I do like in Tokyo. Nuclear energy. It keeps me growing and gives me so much more power. Enhancing all of my already impressive abilities.

      The human military has set up blockades, but nothing I haven't seen yet. Tanks and mortars, they can't hurt me. "SKREEEEOOOONK" I tell them as I watch them burn under the heat of my atomic breath, giving them the product of their weapon.

     'That seemed too easy' I tell myself 'they must have something for me hidden' I step on, scattering the ashes under my foot.

...............

     Tokyo is within miles of me now, I can see their insect like vehicles evacuating in the opposite direction of my approach. I hear the chak-chak-chak of a news chopper in my ears. I can hear them whispering in man's tongue, urging others to evacuate the city. I let them stay where they are, acting benevolent to their presence.

     Within the city now, I punch holes in the walls of their skyscrapers. My tail swishes behind me as I make my way to the center. 'This is too easy, there is something here for me lying in wait' I keep walking, the only of their many weapons to have killed me was the one that killed my father, and the man who made the weapon died with him.

     "SKREEEEOOOONK" I call out to them, urging them to show me the threat. I push a building over and let it fall into another like dominoes. The I swipe my tail quickly behind me and knock the legs out from under their towers. I push my way into the center.
      I see Tokyo Tower only a few blocks from where I stand. "SKREEOONK" I release a blast of atomic breath as the news chopper inches away from me. The skyscrapers melt and fall underneath my power.

     A heavy foot falls unto my neck and I fall to the ground. I swing my tail around covering me all the way around and stand up in one motion. As I look at my attacker hate fills me. Mechagodzilla. Forged by man with the bones of my father, unworthy to hold my name. I glare at him with my piercing blue eyes.  "SKREEEEOOOONK" I say, as if challenging him.

     "REEEEEERRRKK" he returns.

      I lower my head and charge him, grabbing his midsection and plowing him through a few of the buildings I left standing. He lays there, unmoving, but I know better. He fires energy beams from his eyes as he gets back on his feet. They push me back but I'm able to meet his beams with my atomic breath causing a beam struggle.

     I push harder as the beams collide in a cascade of blue and rainbow colors, and he matches that strength. In many ways we are equal, but not here. I push hard forcing all of my power into the beam, and a beam of red spirals around the blue pushing my atomic power to its absolute max. A deep blood red pushes the blue out of my breath. My beam forces itself through his until I hit his eyes and push his head clean off his shoulders.

     It flies twenty meters away into the midsection of one of the last skyscrapers in the downtown area. The body turns and follows the head to retrieve it and I rush after it. He's faster than I am though, and is able to screw his head back on with ca-chick. I put my hands on his shoulders and he does the same to me. We push against eachother in a monumental struggle. We dig into the ground with our feet, leaving deep ruts in the earth.

     I pull my tail around and throw him into it, tripping him into the ground. Before I can stomp his chest and land the finishing blow he launches his finger tip missiles. I'm dazed momentarily but I'm not down for long. He uses his foot jets and moves before I can act again though. I breath my atomic breath after him, firing it into the atmosphere.

     He flies back around and barrels into me with his head, and I get pushed as I use all of my strength against his attack and still slide. I bring my elbow down hard on his back, leaving a dent in his metal exoskeleton. He either gives up his effort, or runs out of fuel because he stops.

      I turn hard and slam him with my tail, and he catches it. He brings my tail up to his mouth and bites down hard. I scream out in pain ", RAAAAWWEEK."

      I turn and grab him around the neck and my eyes flash red as I stare into his cold metallic eyes. I grab his face in each of my hands and blast him with an atomic aura, again and again and again, until all of his metal skin is torn from his body and he is left as nothing but a pile of wires and the bones of my father.

     He stands there, motionless and disabled by the EMP blast my nuclear attack created. I walk over to Tokyo Tower, the last remaining skyscraper in the area, and pluck it from the ground. I walk behind him and thrust it through him like it was a spear. He falls to the ground and I burn the metallic body with my atomic breath one last time, laying my father to rest in the ashes.

      'Man will pay,' I tell myself as I make my way to the nuclear plant.