Chapter 7

Skinny's note: Grabe i was #shooktd halos mago-one year na akong di nagupdate but finally this is it! Leave your comments & reactions below, it would mean a lot. Thank you! x

- x

May 21

"Bea..." Maddie cried while burying her face into Bea's chest and while gripping on the hem of Bea's shirt.

"Paano na'to?" Maddie said in between her sobs. "Paano ko ipapakita 'tong grade ko kay papa?"

"Tell him. Tell him that you don't want to take Medicine and that you want to be a teacher."

"Hindi naman ganon kadali 'yon."

"I know, Mads. But look what's happening, low grades and you almost fail last yearㅡ"

"Im trying my best, you clearly know it!" Naiirita na si Maddie, naiinis na siya. Hindi niya na alam naghahalo-halo na yung nararamdaman niya at mas lalo siyang naiinis sa sarili niya dahil napagtaasan niya ng boses si Bea, the one person who understands her in every possible way.

"Im sorry..." She reached for the pillow beside her, buried her face and cried.

Bea cupped Maddie's face, "You know what? You're not happy, this is not what you want. My mom told me na you should choose what you want, like you really really want, something that will make you happy, your dream. Because kahit mahirapan ka in the process you'll still hold on to the fact that hey, I want this, gusto ko 'to. This is my dream."

"Pero si papa..."

"He will understand you, Mads. You just have to tell him. I'll be beside you." Bea wiped Maddie's tears and kissed her forehead.

May 27

Umuwi ng manila ang parents ni Maddie dahil may aayusin silang papers regarding their business. Ito na rin ang nakikitang opportunity ni Maddie na sabihin sa papa niya na she never liked taking up medicine for college and that from the very start she wanted to be a teacher.

Maddie is on the couch waiting for her parents while Bea is beside her holding her hand.

ding dong

Maddie was suddenly tensed up. Bea squeezed her hand and mouthed that everything will be all right. Maddie stood up and open the door, "Anak!" Her mom hugged her tight and kissed her head.

"Pa." She called her dad, "kamusta po byahe?" napalunok siya ng makita niya ang blankong mukha ng papa niya and add up the fact that her dad is looking at Beatriz who's currently sitting on the couch.

"Good afternoon po tita." tumayo si Bea at nagmano, tumango at ngumiti lang ang mama ni Maddie. Bea turned her way to Maddie's father, "Good afternoon po, tito." Bea was about to reach for his hand pero tuloy tuloy itong naglakad papasok.

Bea bowed her head but Maddie went beside her. She held her hand for awhile and whispered, 'sorry'.

"Nagluto ka, anak?" Tita Donna asked.

Maddie hurriedly went to to her mom and smiled, "Opo, Ma. Tinulungan po ako ni Bea."

"Hmm, good. Excited na ako kumain."

"Sige po, ireready lang po namin yung food and table." Sabi ni Bea at dumiretso na sa kusina.

"Go help Bea, Maddie."